Old BM to be shutdown!

20 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 20/06/2018 18:05:39 by JP | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Hey everyone

I know some of you love the old site, and I promised to leave it online until at least the new year which is now over 3 months ago.

But the time has really come to shut it down now.

I've been working hard the past few weeks to get some final features converted over. Just now I fixed the delete button under forum posts so you can delete from the new BM site.

Only thing left to do is fix some admin buttons on the events pages and then it's time to shutdown the old site.

This decision wont be welcomed by everyone.... but I promise you that for security and privacy reasons it's very important to get the old site shutdown asap. If I don't then it's only a matter of time before a hacker breaks in, and I think you would all rather I kept your data private even if it means upsetting the 5 or 10 people who still insist on using the old site.

If all goes well the old website won't be online for more than another week. You might as well prepare now and just stop using it.

The end of an era I suppose. Or the end of a decade anyhow. The old site managed to survive more than a decade and for that I'm very happy and proud.

Thanks everyone
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
87% Karma87% Karma 87% Karma87% Karma

RIP to the purple :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Awww bye bye πŸ‘‹ old site.... Many bloody good giggles in the chat room and I still miss the colour crayons πŸ– πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ well done Mr matt......                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Goodbye old friend.                                                                                                                                                                             
Joey05's Profile
Joey05

In: Preston

Just cant quite take to this site like I did the old one..:(                                                                                                                                                                             
555byker's Profile
555byker

In: Ormskirk Lancash
22% Karma22% Karma 22% Karma22% Karma

The way that events were presented on the old site was far superior !!!

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Its too clinical, no character and no crayons!                                                                                                                                                                             
NotPhilMitchell's Profile
NotPhilMitchell

In: Coventry

Don't worry Yarg, there'll be plenty of crayons for us old duffers in the Old Folks home, some want us condemned to!
If you're happy and you know it clap your hands! (Just getting ready for it!)🀣😜😒                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I,m polishing my zimmer up ready for the dash? to the post office on pension day.                                                                                                                                                                             
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

In: Rugeley In The S
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

The red crayons tasted of 'strawberry'                                                                                                                                                                             
Joey05's Profile
Joey05

In: Preston

Pink ones were like raspberries...mmm...                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I,m not asking about the brown ones.                                                                                                                                                                             
Amanda's Profile
Amanda

In: Staffordshire

I feel I'm the only one online when using the new site , not keen but hey ho.                                                                                                                                                                              
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

Amanda, ya never far away from a nutty biker ...... πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ˜΅πŸ˜±                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

People don't like change they just like inertia                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Amanda, just hit the flashing chatroom button on the right side of any page and you'll suddenly feel much less alone. Almost 24/7 there's someone in there                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Lets hope l can vet my head around the changes, l am more into riding than looking at websites etc..                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Matt, the chat button has never flashed at me, but it does transport me to the chat room, usually when I didn't intend going there haha ☺️
I've got sausages for fingers.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Amanda, just hit the flashing chatroom button on the right side of any page and you'll suddenly feel much less alone. Almost 24/7 there's someone in there

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Sad to see it go only because it was my sole way of upgrading (Paypal option) gonna haveta borrow a mate's debit card next time, ah well :)                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Matt put some colour into the site even if its with a feckin paintball gun                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 1232 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption