Deleted Members

7 Posts | Latest reply on 12/04/2018 08:23:51 by Matt | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Matt, is it possible to delete the posts made by deleted members?
It's especially frustrating in the offer a pillion topic.
They're offering lifts but their profile has been deleted.

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Sandi the trouble with that is the threads will make even less sense if half the posts are deleted. And why would anybody looking for a pilly try and contact a deleted member
lol                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

Sandi I have just had a look at the pilly lifts thread and I think it is only 1 profile that has been deleted as they are all 317 miles from me                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

John I didn't say pillions would try and contact them.
Seems really weird that quite a few newbies have deleted their profile, or had their profiles deleted by staff.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Sandi the trouble with that is the threads will make even less sense if half the posts are deleted. And why would anybody looking for a pilly try and contact a deleted member
lol

JP's Profile
JP

Sorry sandi just me forgetting that folk on bm are capable of tela pathetic communication. How do they get to except a lift or offer a lift if they don't contact them. They probably deleted there profile because they got fed up with the complaints about there profile pic.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Just a thought..... Can they reactivate their profile at any point and if they can then the post will make sense again??!! 😝                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Posts for deleted members used to be deleted. But this had a knock-on effect or removing entire topics if they were the original poster. It also meant that threads didn't read well if a deleted member was highly involved in the discussion.

And, of course, sometimes accounts are temporarily disabled or profiles hidden giving people the chance to come back at a later date, unless they completely delete their account.

As far as I can see it's hardly a big problem. There's very few people posting recently in the forums and then deleting their account.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2578 seconds. There are 527 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption