NEW: Event notifications

14 Posts | Latest reply on 16/09/2018 14:20:13 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

I often get requests from members if I can send out an email notification to everyone within X miles of an event they are running, to help get some interest in their ride out, BBQ, rally, whatever.

Well it used to be a bit of work for me so I only did it for the big events.

BUT.... I've fixed that :-D It's now automatic for every event submitted!

Twice per day the server will now check for new events and will email any BMer local to the event (in accordance with their personal email preferences set under My Account \ Edit)

Members will not be notified about more than 1 event within the space of 2 days. So if 10 events are added for the same postcode at the same time, you will receive maximum 1 notification!

Notifications will not be sent until an event is coming up within 60 days. Not for events in the past or next year.

Please let me know what your experience is of this
Na5ty's Profile
Na5ty

In: Romford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Excellent.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Thanks

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
94% Karma94% Karma 94% Karma94% Karma

Nice one Boss Man saves organisers some time :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Cool, at least l will now get some messages, even if they are aoutomated..lol..                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Lmfao kawasaki trev 😂😂🤣                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Can someone explain why there are so many events on the calendar that nobody is going to including the member that added it                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I guess msybe people add stuff they think others may like?? And maybe people go but don't click attending

I think BM has changed considerably as it do many new folk tgat seem to be more Facebook orientated and font actually interact at all....

The times they are a changing......
JP's Profile
JP

Yes they are changing and not always for the best

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I agree totally JP                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Matt, my experience is that I get notification either the nite before, or the same day, as the event. Fair enough it's local but I need longer notice than that as I have to try and organise a lift!
I'm disabling the notifications until you've sorted it out

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I often get requests from members if I can send out an email notification to everyone within X miles of an event they are running, to help get some interest in their ride out, BBQ, rally, whatever.

Well it used to be a bit of work for me so I only did it for the big events.

BUT.... I've fixed that :-D It's now automatic for every event submitted!

Twice per day the server will now check for new events and will email any BMer local to the event (in accordance with their personal email preferences set under My Account \ Edit)

Members will not be notified about more than 1 event within the space of 2 days. So if 10 events are added for the same postcode at the same time, you will receive maximum 1 notification!

Notifications will not be sent until an event is coming up within 60 days. Not for events in the past or next year.

Please let me know what your experience is of this

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

If I remember rightly Matt said he wants more events posting to the calendar.
----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Can someone explain why there are so many events on the calendar that nobody is going to including the member that added it

JP's Profile
JP

The New Calendar does not work for events planning it shows very little detail compared to the older site                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Well that's about as much use as a chocolate fireguard then, init!

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4688 seconds. There are 1095 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption