NEW: Biker Match Wish List / To Do List / Bug List

72 Posts | Latest replyย on 01/05/2022 07:35:16 by izzyhill | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Wills
Save this link...
https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/profiles/search.asp?Distance=123&Postcode=AB12&OrderBy=4

You need to edit the parameters. As long as OrderBy=4 then it will be by distance. But the distance sort order only works if you specify a postcode and radius.
NotPhilMitchell's Profile
NotPhilMitchell

In: Coventry
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

If you try and search by forum topic, the search query is not returning results that should be there. For instance (plugging my own post!) if you search for "Good News stories" it returns nothing yet it is there. I want to update the post but I'm having to trawl through the posts list every time.
Also, even when a post is made on a forum, it doesn't appear to update the postings list in chronological order.

ps. Just to make me look a fool, this particular post updated straight away and went to the top of the list. Really, it doesn't always do that "Officer!"๐Ÿ˜œ
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
22% Karma22% Karma 22% Karma22% Karma

@notphilmitchell, I have posted in the forums before and have noted it can take up to a couple of hours for notifications to update.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

If you are searching the forums and don't see the post, it's because you do not have the CATEGORY selected.
By default the general chat, jokes etc are filtered out. You need to enable them categories if you want them to be included (most people don't).
Search results are instant. It uses the live data, not an archive for example. So even the very last post in the forums is indexed immediately. Same goes for the news feed page - it's all live. Press F5 or "Refresh" in your browser maybe??
NotPhilMitchell's Profile
NotPhilMitchell

In: Coventry

Thanks D6 & Matt,
Found the last post I was looking for by filtering to include General Chat and Past Month.๐Ÿ‘

Matt's Profile
Matt

Wills, only thing you can do is change the settings to how you want them. Then copy the URL (bookmark it). In the URL is also the sort preference, so if you always use your bookmark it will remember it.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Jp, youve voiced my feelings..lol..

Quietman2's Profile
Quietman2

In: FLEETWOOD
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

Is there a way ,if any of us has a problem ,that we can ask a co-ordinator direct?rather than try and guess who they are [ as they are not listed that I can find]and to save us having to bother the Boss man with what at times is something trivial.Just a thought
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
46% Karma46% Karma 46% Karma46% Karma

Matt it's been a few months now since I put my wish in, I think it has 4 votes.
It was to go back to the 'Notifications'
as the home page, instead of the map.
What's the next move, will it be changed and if not could you please delete it so I can make other wish request?
Ta ๐Ÿ™‚
Matt's Profile
Matt

Hey Sandi
The homepage and notifications pages are 2 different things.
If you login, it will automatically take you to the notifications page after logging in (because that page is customised).
I can't make that page the default for everyone because it's a personal page you need to be logged in for.
The homepage has more than a map - you just need to scroll down.
Hope this helps answer. I'll delete the entry x

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Matt it's been a few months now since I put my wish in, I think it has 4 votes.
It was to go back to the 'Notifications'
as the home page, instead of the map.
What's the next move, will it be changed and if not could you please delete it so I can make other wish request?
Ta ๐Ÿ™‚

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Matt, it doesn't take me to the notifications page, after I sign in it goes back to the home/map page. I have to choose the forum I want.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Matt any update on the wishes in the wish list?
I've just added a new one.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Need the site to run faster, itโ€™s sooooo slow                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Hello Mal, contact Matt via the email icon, he will respond quicker if it's sent directly to him.
Scroll down the page and click on the light blue Square, with envelope.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
89% Karma89% Karma 89% Karma89% Karma

I'm no computa geek but due to about 70% of the uk sat at home and playing Internet games that may have something to do with it                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Good point J P ๐Ÿ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Hi guys,
Wish list is still there and whenever I have time I pick things from the list.
Sometimes I do 3 or 4 from the list all within 1 week. Sometimes I don't get the time to do a single one for months.
Please remember that BM is for me also a hobby around my day job and family. Having 2 young kids has made BM a little more difficult for me to manage over recent years.

Regarding the speed of the site... the problem is with the crappy internet in the UK :-D The site is running mega fast and runs on 1gbps glass fibre internet with dedicated servers. However, most people in the UK are lucky to get 2mbps internet at home these days and that's the bottleneck.
Always upgrade your browser to the latest version though as that helps. I do all my testing and developing with the latest version of Chrome and it works perfectly
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Matt, thanks for the response.
I forget that you have a life lol

MikeBiker's Profile
MikeBiker

In: Conwy
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

When I get a new Personal Message I get an email. Often I am busy and think I'll look later when I log in.
If I just log into the site there is no reminder after logging in that I've got new messages, like there used to be. Being taken to the Notifications page would help but I don't get taht after I log in (despite it being stated by Matt above) Even a Mail icon in red or something would help. I've sent messages to others and see that they have logged in but the message goes unread.
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Personally I don't think it's too hard.

I login. There's usually a 'message' banner in a blue box, but I automatically go to my inbox anyway, if there's a message I look at it, action as appropriate and then I go to forums and/or Chat.

Surely that's not hard to do? Or am I missing something crucial here?

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6445 seconds. There are 442 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption