Friendly campsites Devon or Cornwall

46 Posts | Latest replyย on 28/04/2018 12:58:06 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
Quietman2's Profile
Quietman2

In: FLEETWOOD
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

I am thinking about trying to set up a weekend camp, similar to the one we had in Wiltshire and previous to that at Squires, in either Devon or Cornwall , around or just after Easter or Whit time.
Nothing planed just set up ,chill ,have a few beers and chill.
Could anyone recommend any sites and or possible ride outs from them ? All help gratefully received
BikerBuzz's Profile
BikerBuzz

In: Southport
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

I have a couple of Camps on my web site down there though the leads I had to find them were old, cant hurt to ask though. I'd be interested in some feedback on the maps too. Let me know what you think.
http://www.biker-buzz.com/camps_map.html
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Hi Buzz...link doesn't work because Bikermatch changes all links now to https. You can get free ssl certificates online now or you can use the free cloudflare service to enable ssl with minimal work. If I can help please let me know.

By the way, if you could give a nice return link somewhere on your site I'd really appreciate it

Thanks
BikerBuzz's Profile
BikerBuzz

In: Southport
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Yeah the SSL thing is on my list of things to do. My hosts are offering it free just haven't done it yet. No probs to do a link I'll put that on the list too lol

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
89% Karma89% Karma 89% Karma89% Karma

We have stayed at Blue hills camp site near peranporth in the past but the new owners are not as good. There are very strict with H&S min 3 meters between tents                                                                                                                                                                             
Lynne's Profile
Lynne

In: Mounts Bay
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hiya, I'm happy to be of assistance if you're thinking Cornwall. I live on the South Coast near St Michael's Mount. I know that is a long way down but I use campsites round here, Perranporth, further east too. I'm happy to go and check out sites I haven't been to and hopefully do a deal. I will message you QM2.
Lynne
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Hey QM2, watching this one with interest, as Stuie and I didn't make it down there this year as planned. It's still on the list. ๐Ÿ˜

Hope all is well with you, seems like ages since I saw you last. ๐Ÿ™‹                                                                                                                                                                             
DAVE VM's Profile
DAVE VM

In: Bexhill On Sea

I'm very interested in this Martin and will keep an eye on this thread for further info.                                                                                                                                                                             
brummiepaul's Profile
brummiepaul

In: birmingham
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Same here , will be keeping a look out for more info on this event QM2                                                                                                                                                                             
Quietman2's Profile
Quietman2

Jut a quick update for all those who may be interested in this . I have 2 possible dates in mind [that I can get there on lol] they are 17/05/18 to 21/05/18 or 31/05/18 to 04/06/18 these dates do not ,at the moment seem to clash with anything else in Events. I am awaiting reports from other members on a choice of campsites and possible suggestions for rides out for any that want to go on them ,As said before it is just a "come ,chill , enjoy banter and do what You want while there.
When I find out which site will be using I post this on Events .
I will try to answer any questions as quickly as I can[if I have the information to give them ]
Lynne's Profile
Lynne

Hi QM2
I've sent you a pm with a link to a site I have just checked out on the outskirts of Marazion. 3 mins from beaches, 10 mins from pubs & restaurants walking. Central for great ride outs.. See what you think ๐Ÿ˜Š                                                                                                                                                                             
Quietman2's Profile
Quietman2

Update I have made a provisional booking for the 31/May until the 4 /June at dovemeadows.co.uk, which is in Marazoin, Cornwall [Big thank you to Lynne for the groundwork and recommendation]. I will now try to put this on the events board The site is on the web at the above web address Please ,if you are interested and are likely to come then put your names down so I can contact the site and let them know ,and if need be sort out any deposit that will be needed.
Many thanks to any that show interest Chat and see you soon
Ride and keep safe
QM2
Quietman2's Profile
Quietman2

this has now been sent up for approval with moderators to put on events                                                                                                                                                                             
Quietman2's Profile
Quietman2

I forgot the price at campsite is ยฃ9 per head ,[quite reasonable for facilities ,location and time of year for event] will forget head if it wasn't in helmet                                                                                                                                                                             
Lynne's Profile
Lynne

Hey, thank you QM2, it was no problem checking out the camp site. It's a 5 minute walk from where I live. Jean the lady in charge showed me the area you will probably be camping in, it's like being in your own garden, private area with shrubs and hedges and flat so the bikes will be fine, just off a hard surface road that runs through the camp.
This is a link to the site.
http://www.dovemeadows.co.uk/
There's a map on it which shows you how close you are to everything, but you're also tucked away from the hustle and bustle of traffic. The sandy beach is 3 minutes away which you can walk along to go and get a hearty Cornish breakfast. Or during the day and evening a 10 minute stroll to one of the local pubs, inns for a fine beer/s and food, or local shops.
There's Morrisons and Sainsburys a 2 minute ride away if you need provisions, fuel.
It's also easy access to the main roads to the Lizzard, Lands End, St Ives for a ride out.
They run fishing trips from Penzance harbour, which is a short bus ride away. Local bus stop is 3 minute walk from site.
If there are some Twitchers amongst you, it is also next to a marshlands bird sanctuary.
And of course St Michael's Mount, which is well worth a visit, but just a warning, it's shut on Saturdays.
Lynne
Lynne's Profile
Lynne

http://www.dovemeadows.co.uk/
Hopefully this link will work .                                                                                                                                                                             
DAVE VM's Profile
DAVE VM

In: Bexhill On Sea

The link does work Lynne. It looks a really good campsite and reasonably priced as well.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lynne's Profile
Lynne

Thanks Dave, I hadn't been on the camp site before, for obvious reasons. But checked it out for Martin and was impressed. Lady that runs it was really friendly too. Hopefully a good group of people will turn up, and I'll order the sunshine haha...                                                                                                                                                                             
Quietman2's Profile
Quietman2

Lynne cheers for noticing that ,as have said before will forget my head if it wasn't inside helmet pmsl.
The photos you have put up show what a lovely place this is ,I hope you were well wrapped up when you took them,although ,like me here .you have no snow, it looks bloody cold . Thank you for putting them up .I hope it works as am encouragement to other members
i have written to the events moderators with the correct addresses and the sites web address which they will either tell me how to correct ,or .if they take pity on this "poor IT illiterate old man " [worth a try lolol] and do this for me [and for the correct use of the members who are interested]
Lynne's Profile
Lynne

Hey Martin, glad I could be of help.
I made sure I was wrapped up before I went out, the wind has died down a bit here but it's still bitterly cold. We're not used to it haha.
https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/events/event.asp?event_id=5703
This should link to the events page for this trip.
Hopefully the pictures will help show what a lovely site it is and how close it is to the beach, and local amenities.
I think the moderators are the only ones that can change your post. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7539 seconds. There are 293 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption