Site etiquette

16 Posts | Latest replyย on 06/12/2017 12:43:53 by Matt | Go to original / last post
BikerBuzz's Profile
BikerBuzz

In: Southport
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

OK so I've been here a while but not that active, checking out the new site ( which I like but still find a little confusing ).
Anyway, I was wondering what people feel is the way things are done round here, as I've tried a nod to break the ice, I've just looked at profiles ( knowing they'd be informed ) and I've sent a message saying Hi, fancy a drink sometime. All met with silence, granted it's all about personal preferences,so I'm not levelling any criticism. I just kind of expected a thanks but no thanks sort of response as a minimum to a message. I'm not so cocky as to think I float everyone's boat, I know I'm a bit quirky to say the least.
So thoughts ?
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Don't donkey punch on the first date :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

Have to agree with Catkins...someone,somewhere will respond,just patient persistence...if you're a recent new member,maybe try seeing who's noobs like you,and use that as common ground...?

rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

Aye some will just ignore, others will respond.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

You have to concentrate on the 20,000 active members, not the 60,000 inactive ones. Think Iโ€™ve messaged about 59,000 of them now ๐Ÿ˜Š                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I tend to just look....if they look back, I nod....if they nod back, I message.....then about 1% message back.....no pressure or hurt feelings either way.....๐Ÿ˜Š                                                                                                                                                                             
BikerBuzz's Profile
BikerBuzz

Sounds like I'm par for the course then, just wanted to check I hadn't stepped on anyone's virtual toes. If it's not just me then I can't be doing it wrong which makes me feel better.
Thanks for the insight folks                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

No, mate, some reply and some don't. Don't take it to heart, the ones that reply are the ones worth getting to know, don't lose any sleep over those that don't even acknowledge your message/nod.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Same result for me too bikerbuzz, try to strike up a conversation and nothing.
I don't message too often because then thats wrong too.

Maybe go back to them in a few months                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Guys get yourself to the hallowistmas party on Saturday.... It's far better to meet folks in real life                                                                                                                                                                             
BikerBuzz's Profile
BikerBuzz

I was just looking at the Hallowistmas do, it's not too far from me. Depends how the cash flow goes this week ( doesn't it always ) I'm in the middle of repairing my Van and it could still throw up some surprises. I had to buy some tools to finish it off because I realised all my 1/4 sockets were on my ZZR that got pinched and burnt out earlier this year.
If all goes well I shall pop over :-)
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

Bikerbuzz sorry you have had a crap time but am sure if you can make it Sat we can put a smile on your face :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Guaranteed smiles n lovely folk! What's not to like?!๐Ÿ˜                                                                                                                                                                             
BikerBuzz's Profile
BikerBuzz

Been a funny old year off n on. The Rozzers caught the oiks that pinched my bike cos he crashed it and hurt himself ( oh dear how sad ) , and when the insurance finally paid out I treated myself to something a bit nicer, a Speed Triple in Green.
TBH I didn't feel that badly done to, just wanted to check I wasn't stepping on any toes that's all.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Also some folk might not be full members so they may not be able to reply.... But still agree with what everyone above has put ๐Ÿ˜Š keep on being who ya are.... And yeah get to some of the bashes they are a giggle.... Glad ta git new bike                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Standard members can also reply to PMs, always as long as the original sender has a full account.
Even if both members have standard accounts, the conversation can go on until you reach 100 sent messages.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5742 seconds. There are 810 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption