Dorset drug-driver admits killing motorcycle coupl

6 Posts | Latest reply on 09/12/2017 13:51:19 by jinx57 | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

A driver who was using drugs has admitted causing a crash that killed a motorcyclist and his wife.

Sid Samways, 74, and his wife Barbara, 71, of Blandford, Dorset, died after a collision with a car near Shaftesbury on 2 April.

Jamie Myers, 24, pleaded guilty to two counts of causing death by driving without due care and attention while over the drug-drive limit.

He will be sentenced at Bournemouth Crown Court on 5 January.

Mr Samways was pronounced dead at the scene on the Higher Shaftesbury Road.

His wife, who was riding pillion, was airlifted to hospital but died of her injuries "after a very short but brave battle", her family said.

Myers, of Donhead St Mary, Wiltshire, did not enter pleas to two counts of causing death by driving while unlicensed.
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-dorset-41946142                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

Makes my blood boil. Not only over drink/drug levels (the only safe level is zero!) but without a licence too!

My thoughts are with the family, what a horrid way to lose their loved ones.

I hope he gets what he truly deserves.                                                                                                                                                                             
Smokey007's Profile
Smokey007

In: Birmingham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I was involved in a serious RTA, where a drunk driver hit me at 50 mph. Technically i should not still be here, but after months and months i pulled through.
I despise anyone who drinks or takes drugs and thinks it is ok to get behind the wheel of a car. About time our Laws were toughened up as the penalties still not fitting for the devastation left behind x
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Time for zero tolerance with drink and drugs and driving. Hope he spends a long time locked away from the public. For our safety not his rehabilitation. Couldn't care less about him.                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
26% Karma26% Karma 26% Karma26% Karma

The only bad accident i ever had on bikes was caused by a drunk driver, still got the scars and plates to remind me,nearly 40 years on..no sympathy with the tossers who endanger everybody...grrrr :(>                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2148 seconds. There are 723 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption