"Nods" lists are back!

45 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 03/09/2018 09:54:52 by bmwkev | Go to original / last post
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

I couldn't see any activity/notifications button but after labouriously going through all the buttons on the left hand drop down menu, I found the nods and views under a button marked 'news feed'.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Yep that's the one

If you guys can think of a better title for it then please suggest away. Maximum about 10 characters.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

lol and it must have taken you a long time going through all 6 menu items :-D hahaha                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Any chance of an option to turn this off.

I really don't like it and I was talking to some other members who feel the same.

The option would be great.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Lindsay what do you want to turn off?                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Hi Matt, I don't mind the Nods n Views tabs but the Notifications are a pain in the ... posterior (trying to be polite!). It would be fab if there was an option as to whether you want to see them, or keep them closed. I would prefer not to see them, as like to check out forums n messages 'myself'. If that makes sense?!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Seems a nod might actually be a message, so gets applied to the message count?

Dont ask me how i know - LoL.                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

Last nod I got was in 2015 lol :O                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi Matt
Is there any way to delete the nods especially ones form months/years ago?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

hi Matt

Have you figured out how we can turn off notifications and deleted nods lists ?

Thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I think that the notifications page is a great feature!
However, I do think that the 'message' that goes with a nod is horrible. Please get rid of it:)                                                                                                                                                                             
stutts's Profile
stutts

In: hampshire

Never got any anyway !!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

There you go Stutt's .. πŸ˜‰                                                                                                                                                                             
Karenyamaha's Profile
Karenyamaha

In: Bristol

Hi, I also think the message that goes with the nods is not the best, and being new to the site found it a bit confusing when i recieved the first one. If it said some thing like hello and message me if you wish, for example I think would be better.                                                                                                                                                                             
Bobbinz's Profile
Bobbinz

In: Norwich
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

Is a nod as good as a wink πŸ˜‰ - Sorry for asking - I’m new πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Only to a blind horse! 😁                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

ok folks, because you asked so nicely.... I've removed the PM that goes with nods.
Actually, it isn't necessary anymore now that I've made a specific nods tab on the news feed page (wasn't available when I added the PM).

Bobbinz, wink/nod - all the same. Whatever you like to call it. It's a sign of thanks, welcome, appreciation, interest, ice breaker - whatever you want it to be. It's deliberately vague and simply a manner to strike up further conversation with someone, if you and they both wish.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi Matt
Is there any way i can delete old nods The old views disappear after a while why cant the nods do the same ?                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Hi
No at the moment it's not possible. Quite deliberately actually to prevent people nodding others multiple times.
If you'd like this to be changed please add to the wishlist so others can vote on it. If it seems like a popular idea then I might consider implementing it. x
stutts's Profile
stutts

In: hampshire

Just found out if you're like me and don't get any nods you can nod yourself..............
I've had 6 today                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6855 seconds. There are 306 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption