"Nods" lists are back!

45 Posts | Latest reply on 03/09/2018 09:54:52 by bmwkev | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

I know you've all been dying for me to get these lists back online. Well here you are...

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/myaccount/activity.asp?tab=nods

It's the 2nd tab on the new "Activities & Notifications" page.

With photos! So you can ignore those who don't bother to include a pic.

Note: If you disable your profile, you won't be able to access this page at all! If the sender of a nod disables their profile (or has their account deleted) they will drop off your list without any notification.
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Hi Matt, just to let you know my Nods show duplicate photos of the same profile, for the nod I received. Surely the photo should only appear once for each profile?

Matt's Profile
Matt

hmmm, should definitely only show once.

Once for sent and once for received I mean.

I'll have to investigate tomorrow. Totally shattered now                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

Matt, every nod I've sent and every nod I've received has the picture in triplicate.
Lindsay has only two - I hope she's not too disappointed LOL

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

My Gawd, two of me?! Aaaargh, run for the hills Wills, Flee! Flee!😱😵                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Pics in triplicate for me too :D

Roughrider02's Profile
Roughrider02

In: Tarlton
43% Karma43% Karma 43% Karma43% Karma

Ive tried on my Samsung Mobil and keep getting error message Asp 0113 the same as Catkins.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Tripple photo thing fixed. You guys were using the old stylesheet. I've added code to force a refresh.

The ASP error is much more of a problem though. Was there text with the error number? Something like "script timeout"?

Problem, I think, is that it's just SO much data the server has to go through that it eventually gives up.

I have increased the timeout to 10 seconds. Let's hope this fixes it.
Matt's Profile
Matt

I've added extra statistics and indexes in the database.
Seems to have done the trick.

It's just SO much data to go through which takes so long to process.

Please keep me updated. Also tell me what you think                                                                                                                                                                             
Lynne's Profile
Lynne

In: Mounts Bay

Hi Matt
I think it's great, as already said you can see whose new.
Which of the forums you've commented on have been updated. That saves browsing through them all. Excellent.
I can also see everyone that has viewed my profile, which includes those with the viewing log turned off. That was interesting 😁. But I think it's a great idea.
I had no issues with duplicates or it opening.
Matt's Profile
Matt

Oh that logging thing might be a bug.

But I'm actually considering removing the setting, so everyone's logging in always on anyhow                                                                                                                                                                             
Lynne's Profile
Lynne

In: Mounts Bay

Hi Matt,
I did wonder if it was meant to be visible.
I do software validation as part of my job sometimes, mainly 'black box' rather than coding. So I do have a tendency to check out new websites functions in the same way, sad but it just comes naturally haha. I viewed it a few times and it was all visible each time but when I cross-referenced it with my logged list it was different. More people viewed my profile with their log off than on! Wasn't expecting that, why hide? Anyway, thumbs up 👍 for that page from me.
ChilliD's Profile
ChilliD

In: Lichfield
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

I don't have that tab. I have to follow the link. Whys that?                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Still in testing with you guys.I've not found a permanent place for it yet                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

VIEWS have been added!
https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/myaccount/activity.asp?tab=views                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Added to the navigation menu (top left).
Also made the notifications page the DEFAULT page you see after logging in                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Noooo! That cannot be :-(

I'll check the logs. That's really depressing and might be a real problem                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

ok think I fixed it.

The problem was you guys who play the word games. Send the database crazy trying to figure everything out.

I rebuilt my queries. Much more efficient now. Getting the calculations down from 5 seconds to <1

Please test and let me know                                                                                                                                                                             
ChilliD's Profile
ChilliD

In: Lichfield
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

Ah. It works. I like it. Thank you.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

You're welcome.
If you want any other bits of info adding to the news feed please let me know (in the other topic)                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6367 seconds. There are 666 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption