What the hell is wrong with the world?

82 Posts | Latest reply on 13/04/2019 08:28:30 by Double six | Go to original / last post
GHW's Profile
GHW

In: Black Country
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Wotcha.

The newspaper headline says it all really.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/crime/2018/01/05/teen-killed-passenger-after-doing-wheelies-on-stolen-motorbike/
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
89% Karma89% Karma 89% Karma89% Karma

Yes and its just a shame they didn't charge the little shit with murder                                                                                                                                                                             
GHW's Profile
GHW

Wotcha.

To follow up . . .

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-hubs/wolverhampton/bilston/2018/01/17/sixteen-year-old-yob-killed-his-friend-after-showing-off-on-a-stolen-motorbike/

He got five years - so will be out in two . . . . .look at his "previous" . . . .says it all really.

The "victim" they never mention is the poor fellow whose bike they stole in the first place.
GHW's Profile
GHW

Wotcha.

OK - so he won't ride another stolen bike, but it's a tad on the harsh side. . .

A dad-of-two has been jailed for six years - for throwing a spade at a teenage motorcyclist in Guisborough

Sonny Stephenson, 17, had been noisily riding round Guisborough, when he and his 15-year-old pillion passenger were knocked off the 600cc stolen motorbike.

Matthew Buckworth, 34, threw a spade at the pair, hitting Sonny in the head causing him to slump over the handlebars before the bike crashed.

Described as a hard-working family man, Buckworth denied murder at a previous hearing but admitted manslaughter.

Sentencing at Teesside Crown Court, Judge Simon Bourne-Arton QC said Buckworth was under "some degree of provocation" on the evening of August 27 as residents had put up with noisy bikers over previous weeks.
NotPhilMitchell's Profile
NotPhilMitchell

In: Coventry
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I wonder if the sentence would have been as severe if the lad who'd been riding the stolen bike had killed some innocent passer-by? Sadly, we seem to be slowly descending into a lawless society with many towns having, effectively, no-go areas. This is exacerbated by continual cuts in police funding and the litigious society we now live in. Not wishing to bring politics into this but the only way to try and change this is at the ballot box. Never mind the rhetoric. Look behind each party's principles. My dilemma is that I don't see any political party brave enough to state the stark truth i.e. "You don't get 'owt for nowt!" or, put simply, if you want it, you have to pay for it. As the Inland Revenue seem to be turning a blind eye to the big corporations, off-shore trusts and overseas multi-million (billion?) pound companies paying a fraction of the taxes, the state coffers are being starved.
Quote The Guardian "Only two of FTSE 100 have no subsidiaries in havens.The UK's 100 biggest public companies are running more than 8,000 subsidiaries or joint ventures in onshore and offshore tax havens, according to research published on Monday, raising fresh concerns about the full extent of corporate tax avoidance".

Who pays for it? We do, in cash-strapped councils cutting services, due to diminishing funding from Central Government, hikes in inderect taxation e.g Insurance Tax at 20% (and rising?) and so on. Those bargains on Amazon, cheepies on eBay and the keen prices at Tesco etc. all come at a price - in my humble opinion!
nickscafe's Profile
nickscafe

In: Milton Keynes
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

@ NotPhilMitchell

Human nature is to find the path of least resistance and the cheapest option. Saving money doesn't just mean corporations exploring loopholes - many of which are legal, by the way.
It also means individuals - consumers - making choices that affect buying choices and ultimately, jobs.

There's a reason stuff gets produced in China.
Consumers demanded value for money and cheaper prices.
There's also a reason people buy from Amazon instead of their local shop. Is it because it's cheaper? Most likely. Or...maybe...it's a perception of being cheaper through clever marketing.

Now consider what that's doing to the environment: endless piles of litter caused by the packaging. Millions of miles travelled by vehicles delivering the stuff to people's front door, causing more congestion and pollution.

The choice at the ballot box won't change it.
As long as you're hoping someone else will do it for you, I think you're likely to be disappointed.

Brexit wasn't about immigration until the politicians panicked and wanted to blame the cause on something other than themselves.
It was about a segment of the population becoming fed up with choices about their future being decided for them, by unelected, unknown people sitting on a committee in a different country.
The other segment of the population that didn't vote, then found themselves in a life changing situation they didn't like.
Strikes me as strange that the population  complaining loudest - probably didn't exercise their right to choose at the ballot box.

No go areas have been a part of life in our own communities since humans decided to live in settlements.
Generally, it was tribal,  religion and social class, back in the day. Now...it's also influenced by corporations, supported through lobbying by politicians. That's a whole lot more sinister.

Changing the way we vote won't be enough.
We need to change the way we think and ask more questions about the news reports we read and hear every day. For every half truth in a press statement, there's a silent deceipt.

Things can only change once people trust in the power of one - a community being united.
Facebook is too busy building algorithms to manipulate people's thinking to care about one community. They want to own the community, much as the church controlled education and knowledge, back in the day.
Funny old world, eh? :)
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Ouch. Some dire ranting ! Keep it friendly. Vigilante is not the way to go, not at all. BUT..l have had bikes stolen on three occasions. My flat in London was ransacked and later in the year my then girlfriend was robbed & raped at nifepoint at the M40 services. No one, no one has ever been aprehended. I will not be responsible for my actions if l catch the perpetrators.
I have never been so shocked -these events had massive impact on me. Without The police we would all be in a mess so don't have a go at them..BUT..
NotPhilMitchell's Profile
NotPhilMitchell

In: Coventry

@nickscafe

An interesting and thought-provoking response. I have to agree with many of the points that you've made i.e. Human nature, Brexit and changing the way we think. A reporter for our local rag, who I knew many years ago, told me of first-hand reports he had written which were either dropped or "rewritten" by the editor to paint a totally different picture of events. In particular, he wasn't allowed to criticise the police. I might add, I think the police now do a great job in difficult circumstances.

Your observations on the no-go areas are interesting but would be like to hear more on the sinister backdrop?

I see where you're coming from regarding the ballot box. The lack of a credible alternate is equally worrying and the printed media, in particular, will do their level best to maintain the status quo. I hear now that the main parties are using social media as their mouthpiece, prefering that to being interviewed/interrogated on Radio 4. Elected by the people but not being accountable or answerable too. As Cromwell said, in his speech when dissolving the Long Parliament in 1653 "....ye are a pack of mercenary wretches and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money. Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? Ye have no more religion than my horse; gold is your God; which of you have not barter'd your conscience for bribes?" Nothing changes.
Regarding stuff produced in China. Corporate greed in the relentless quest for more profits combined with the ability to wield a "big stick" to beat their european employees into suppression of wage demands, along with new employees being recruited with significantly eroded terms and conditions and so on. European companies have (in the most part) very strict Quality and Environmental standards that they have to comply with whereas in China, that is the subject of a book on its own, but try non-existent Health and Safety, product compliance and environmental controls for starters. Open YouTube and search for "Chinese press workers". Any European company found working like that would probably be shut down immediately.
Volkswagen were the first major car manufacturer to move into China. Their cars didn't get cheaper, but you can be sure that they increased their profits (and probably threatened the workforce with "outsourcing to reduce costs" in order to suppress wage demands). Trouble was, what they started, others soon followed.

Anyway, must go now to catch up on the truth with Sky News, Farsebook and the Daily Male(sic) or shall it be Private Eye? I think the Eye's have it!
GHW's Profile
GHW

Wotcha.

It's a start . . . . although the "riding in convoy" bit seems a tad daft.

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2018/january/west-midlands-police-to-arrest-street-cruisers-bike-life-ban

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Here's an interesting development. Now gangs here are stealing bikes and giving the owners a few days to pay a ransom, or they torch it and post pictures on Instagram(a '51 Triumph Thunderbird in this case).

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/police-yet-make-any-arrests-1214456

I suppose bikes are an easy target, the gangs like to brag on social media, and have probably played too many video games. Question is, would you pay?
GHW's Profile
GHW

Wotcha.

it would seem someone is doing something . . . . .

https://www.docdroid.net/b9VFEBr/north-bristol-bike-gang-compressed.pdf                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks for that GHW. It seems not only do we have to spend a fortune on;locks, alarms, garages and insurance, but now hunt down the thieves and even try to retrieve the bike ourselves. It's no wonder that with the lack of justice, that some start to think of vigilante action! The police could use drones to monitor these idiots.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

As i drive alot at night in London im always on the look out to the twats ready to pounce.

If I see an attack i would use the 30 tonnes of Scania and trailer to good affect.

Even in my truck i keep doors locked and windows up at night in Cities.

Problem is in London they are So focused on anti-terror they have forgotten to Police everything else.

CCTV does'nt prevent crime at all, Just makes it easier for the Lawyers to make Money.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

This is how you retrieve a stolen bike these days, social media. Shannagh Cowie-Sparrowhawk used social media to find her BMW 1200R, and then took it back.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bikers-stolen-motorcycle-found-after-1252141
JP's Profile
JP

Almost 30 suspects now charged over illegal ‘Ride Out’
Updated:
8th March 2018

West Midlands Police has charged 10 more men over a lawless ‘Ride Out’ event that saw off-road bikers run amok on the region’s roads.
The group – aged between 20- and 33-years-old – have all been charged with causing public nuisance in June 2016 and will appear at Birmingham Magistrates Court today (8 March).
It brings the total number charged over the gathering to 29 as the force takes a tough stance against bikers accused of taking over public roads, riding recklessly, pulling stunts and intimidating other road users.
The men charged are:
• Brothers Geordie (27) and Keanu West (21) from Frankley Beeches Road, Northfield
• Jermaine Saa, a 27-year-old from Marksbury Close, Wolverhampton
• Robert Roye, a 25-year-old from Livingstone Road, Handsworth
• Jordan Harris, a 20-year-old Rilstone Road, Quinton
• Ethan Nerwall, a 20-year-old from Beauchamp Ave, Handsworth
• Ryan Pointon, a 26-year-old from Oak Road, Oldbury
• Ryan Wilson, a 24-year-old from Uttoxeter
• Matthew Sidwell, a 29-year-old formerly of Redfern Close Chelmsley
• … and 33-year-old John Murphy from Beechdene Grove in Erdington

10 lout biker suspects are appearing in court today
It’s alleged the men were among a large group of lout bikers who took part in an illegal bike rally through Solihull and across Birmingham during a five-hour rampage on 26 June 2016.
They have all been charged with causing public nuisance – an offence which can carry a significant prison sentence.
A total of 53 people, including those charged, have been arrested by West Midlands Police on suspicion of being involved in illegal Ride Out events. The rest remain on police bail awaiting a charging decision from the CPS.
Anyone with information on illegal, anti-social off-road biking – or who has photos or video of offenders in the street or in public spaces – is asked to call West Midlands Police on 101 so officers can take action.
GHW's Profile
GHW

Wotcha.

Another one who won't be in action for a while. . . . .

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2018/march/derryck-john-acid-attack/
JP's Profile
JP

WEST MIDLANDS motorcycle theft dropped by 25 per cent in the last quarter of 2017, figures obtained by the Motorcycle Action Group (MAG) have revealed.
However, overall bike theft figures for 2017 were more than 13 per cent higher than in 2016 and West Midlands motorcyclists are still over 8 times more likely to be victims of vehicle theft than car owners.
The MAG Freedom of Information (FOI) request data showed that in the last quarter of 2017 motorcycle theft reduced by 25 per cent when compared with the same period in 2016. The 2016 figures showed a massive spike of thefts around Halloween, which coincided with increased antisocial use of motorcycles.
As a result, West Midlands Police expanded their presence on the lead-up to Halloween 2017 and it paid off.
PC Paul Ennis of West Midlands Police commented: “West Midlands Police are delighted to see a reduction in the number of motorcycle thefts for the period; it shows that a partnership approach to this area of crime can make a significant difference.
“We will continue to work with partners and offer advice at a series of events over the coming year. Our aim is to reduce the number of machines that get stolen, reducing the personal loss to individuals and the knock on effect that stolen machines have in other areas of criminal antisocial behaviour.”
Colin Brown, Director of Campaigns & Political Engagement for MAG, added: “This is a welcome development that demonstrates that proactive policing and the raft of measures being used by West Midlands Police are having an impact.
Commenting on the overall rise in bike theft in the area, he said: “The scale of this issue sees bikers being significantly more likely to have their vehicle stolen than other road users. The fight is far from over, but this may just indicate a tipping point – let’s keep up the pressure.”
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i am sorry But Cornholio is right.......... the courts let these idiots straight back on the street some over 150 violent offence attacking different people is okay to say attacking the same person multiple times...... they go to court get let out... you defend yourself and your property go to jail the act of defending yourself in law is worse than attacking some one...... and blaming society is not going to help we dug our own graves and now the people have to do something........ from ped thieving scum bags to our politicians

there is nothing our police force can do in bristol and a few other major citys there are as few as two police cars at nighttime in a 15 square mile city thats what it has come to

do you know how many lads i have met who have hundreds of violent offences against people its like the courts allow them to keep attacking people cause it breeds fear

its time for the people to act
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

In my area, the sudden rage of scroats, riding field bikes about, as escalated out of belief.

In local parks and on old railway lines. They just flaunt themselves, even in daylight, without a care.

Once I was on a busy town street, in Bradford. My line of traffic, was slow moving and so was the traffic, on the other side, coming towards me. Bumbling, up the side of the opposing oncoming vehicles, came a scroat on a clapped out stolen trail bike. No rush and no urgency. Just like me and you would do in busy traffic. He was oblivious to his illegal actions by just rolling up the side of car doors, with no helmet, balaclava and in the middle of afternoon rush hour.

There are two local scroats, near me,who as soon as the light drops, come out of hiding and ride about the surrounding roads, without helmets or lights. Locals have reported them, but get no help, from the police or the authorities.

The scroats know they can't be caught and that the majority of the locals, just don't want to get involved. It doesn't help, with the closure of the local Police Station. It's just like a dusty old town, from the States, aka Dukes of Hazard. Many a time I have felt like stretching a wire across the road, aka Great Escape and Mad Max. Watching in delight, as they roll like a ball, down the road. With the worst case of gravel rash, known to man. But so far I have managed to hold myself back.

I have also talked with people, who have had trouble, with these type of scroats. One lad, on his 1200 Bandit, who was followed and surrounded by at least 6 or 7 of them. Until he managed to escape them, after a little bit of Argy bargy and verbal warnings.

Another friend, who parked his brand new Honda trail bike, directly outside the showroom window, of a motorcycle shop. Like an idiot, he just took the keys out and didn't lock it. Steering lock or extra padlock. As he was inside (Intended for only two minutes) two scroats pulled up, on a field bike. The passenger jumped off and onto my mates new bike, hooked his foot onto the rear foot peg of the running first bike and away he was pulled into the distance.

There's supposed to be a Police group (on Motorcycles) going round, trying to fight this issue. By seizing nuisance bikes and spraying them, with the DNA spray. Unfortunately, I haven't seen them yet. Their presence and zero tolerance, so far, seems invisible.

I'm very cautious now on where I go and who hangs about my property. Locks, cameras and security, are fort Knox rated. I'm afraid if these scroats ever challenged me, on the road. They would have to disable me, before I disable them.
They wouldn't take away my pride and joy and what I've worked for. I would go down fighting, even if it meant the inevitable.

Hopefully it won't come to that. But my story and people's concerns, here and throughout the communities, including the biking world, need action. There's got to be an answer and it's got to happen now. Let's hope it comes soon !
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

West Yorkshire Constabulary have been seen in the last week to be finally taking action. Every morning for the last three months I have seen two lads in hoodies n no helmets come up the road from Cross Gates towards A63, same time every day. They are blatantly disregarding not only their own safety but that of others by weaving in and out of traffic at speed.

WYP was sat at a junction on the opposite side of the road with blue lights flashing, road on other side had road works on which took it down to single lane. Lad on bike thought he was being clever went down the inside of the queue, didn't count on other road users giving plod the right of way. Plod came across road through the queue n into his path. Oh dear, young fella, you got pinned against a wall, how unfortunate! Hope your trackys n trainers weren't too badly damaged. 😁😂👍

Don't know how plod knew where to sit at just the right time ...

Let's hope they continue to be out there showing these eejits that they will be stopped.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7344 seconds. There are 290 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption