How do I approach the mysterious biker girl in the

63 Posts | Latest reply on 15/01/2018 10:29:18 by jinx57 | Go to original / last post
New2Biking's Profile
New2Biking

In: Glossop
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

Hi, I'm after some icebreaker advice please. I've seen this girl who lives in my local village (Hadfield). She rides a motorcycle and I think she is quite cute. Her bike is always parked in the same spot each day when I walk past the local dentist on my way to/from the train station. I've seen her a few times now as she is parking up or pulling away but I'm not sure how best to break the ice. Should I wait for her to take off her helmet and then say hi and ask her where she learnt to ride or should I try another tactic? Either way I've got a crush on her but I don't want to wait around outside the dentist waiting for her either in the mornings or evenings where I know she works like some crazed stalker. Should I just forget about her or maybe even find an excuse to walk into the dentist to see if I can strike up a conversation with her? I hope you don't mind me asking. Many thanks, Chris.
naomijr's Profile
naomijr

In: millom
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

It's a bit cold for hanging around outside the dentist. So I'd say your choices are go into dentist and either talk to her, or see if you can find out if she is single, or leave a note on her bike, she might have noticed you too. Good luck 😀                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Don't approach her straight away, it comes across as a bit 'creepy' and may freak her out.

A casual 'Hi, nice bike' as you saunter past. May just be a simple way to start a conversation.

If she replies then perhaps you could ask about motorcycle training etc.

Bikers are always ready to talk bikes and everything related.

If you don't try, you'll never know. Good luck!
New2Biking's Profile
New2Biking

I was thinking something along those lines. To ask her where she learnt to ride (I will need to be careful how I phrase that so she doesn't think I'm insulting her riding style if you know what I mean!) or if she can recommend any good riding schools or instructors. Thank you for the good luck wishes.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Ye use the bike as a starter, admire it and say nice bike and tell her you,re a biker too and ask if she rides out with anyone, you may find out then if she,s already attached, if she is then you have to leave it.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

I'm with cat here, tell her about BM hahaha

But seriously, think the best advice above is to just compliment the bike choice, maybe say you find it cool seeing a girl riding (though not sure if she might find that insulting. The girls here can better advise you)

In any case, good luck. And welcome to Bikermatch !
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
89% Karma89% Karma 89% Karma89% Karma

Im saying nothing As all of my lines end up in a slapped face                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

With a hessian bag, duct tape, and cable ties? You'll definitely make an impression...                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
70% Karma70% Karma 70% Karma70% Karma

As the saying goes, faint heart never won fair lady!
Yep, I'd go along with what the rest have said. Bit of chat about bikes, a few gentle questions without being too nosey, and off you go LOL

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Getting worried about you Panuno, that's not the first time you,ve suggested getting aquainted in that fashion.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I picked it up from Jynx, he's been a terrible influence on me Yarg :)

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

If in doubt blame Jinx. Lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Why not just say "Hey I love your bike! I've been promising myself I'll learn how to ride, but I've no idea where to start. You don't happen to know of any good riding schools locally, do you?"

Don't ask where she learned, as she might have been riding for 20 years ;)
New2Biking's Profile
New2Biking

Hey Wannabe. Thanks :-) I think you must be a mind reader. I was thinking of asking her something like that. Thanks for backing up my "theory". I don't think she has been riding that long as I notice she does have an L plate on the front.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

In that case, it's ideal. She'll have done her CBT relatively recently (within the past 2 years anyway) and most likely in the local area.

jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

Now that the main post is answered,i feel it only right and just to point out that it's not just MALES that are into duct tape and cable ties.........................;)>
Just DON'T ask how i know this,unless you want this thread to last until after xmas....i do have extra cable ties and duct tape available at a generous discount,and if anyone wants a royal blue mousemat or two(great present),just PM me....xx
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

Fresh out of large hessian bags,though,abject apologies...:(>                                                                                                                                                                             
nickscafe's Profile
nickscafe

In: Milton Keynes

@ newtobiking

4 days...plenty of advice...anything happening here...?

Waiting with great anticipation for an update...

Eiron's Profile
Eiron

In: Hastings

Does she work at the dentist's? Sign up, get a checkup, ask whose bike it is....                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Definitely waiting to see how it goes now :-D

Feels like a team effort, you know like we're all in it together                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7656 seconds. There are 427 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption