Apple Compatability..?

62 Posts | Latest replyย on 09/12/2017 16:56:14 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Ok this time I HAVE fixed it, I'm about 68% sure :-D

No seriously, I got my hands on a Crapple Mini, very old one, and did some testing.
I noticed when opening Jinx's profile it was slooowwww. But, it did work, just slowly, very slowly.

I then edited the code to show only a maximum of 200 photos. Then when I refreshed the page, it worked fine.

The problem seems to be that Apple is just crap, as always. It cannot handle Jinx's 1,000 or so photos. Downloading that many thumbnails just killed caused it to struggle.

But... the browser (Safari) should not even be downloading ALL the photos. Or so it was programmed. It should only download the thumbnails for the profile photos album. Then thumbnails for other albums should only download when you select them albums.

Buuuuuut, as usual, Safari/Apple don't support web features that are over a year old. Even in the very latest Safari version. So I could advise to update your browser, but it would make no difference.

I have, however, been able to change some of the scripts to give a similar effect. It's no miracle solution and on Safari you're always going to get a poorer experience (not my fault, it's just Safari doesn't support modern web standards).

On this Crapple Mini (from about 6 or 7 years ago) I can now browse profiles ok, even Jinx's. However, it's still a poor quality device, so if I was to open every single album on Jinx's profile then it would start to get slower and slower until it's not usable.

The ultimate solution: Install Chrome!!!!!!

But for those who have been having problems opening Jinx's profile, please can you try again for me?
Note: I've only fixed the NEW website. And that took me long enough. I cannot simple copy/paste the fix over to the old website sadly.
Direct link: http://beta.bikermatch.co.uk/profiles/view-profile.asp?user_id=48472
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

If they can view all the gory details, i may have considerably fewer 'happy bunny' fan-ettes...perhaps it's the 'Man Of Mystery ' bit they go for....hmmmEmbarrassedLOLDisapprove                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Hi guys, just trying to get back into things after my hols.
Was this issue resolved now for you? Did anyone test it for me from their Crapple devices?                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

So I finally have an iPhone (I feel dirty).

It's a tiny old one but with the latest IOS installed.

I can view everyone's profile just fine, including mine, Jinx's, and Catkins.

Last week I tested with a friend's iphone and that failed every time.

Now i Need to find the difference between the 2 phones and will see if I can figure out why some iPhones don't work and some do
555byker's Profile
555byker

In: Ormskirk Lancash
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

Matt, I have tried to find your link to the mobile app as seen in your 'screen capture' but it does not show on my iPhone 6S Plus!?!                                                                                                                                                                              
She11's Profile
She11

In: Bradford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Managed to see jinxโ€™s profile from my iPhone at long last lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

555byker - not every browser supports it yet. I've just realised that it's only supported in Firefox, Chrome and Opera. You can follow the status here:
http://caniuse.com/#=serviceworkers

Well, that's kinda gonna help. Service Workers are not entirely it. Your browser could support service workers and still not give you the button for "progressive web app" installation.

It's just that Apple is behind with everything as usual (link above demonstrates it nicely. Chrome has had this feature on Android for years).

Google "Progressive Web App IOS" for news. For example:
https://cloudfour.com/thinks/apple-starts-work-on-progressive-web-apps/

Seems Apple started work on it in August haha.

Tip: Stop using Apple ;-)

She11 - Did you upgrade to IOS? I'm curious if anyone with IOS 10 can view Jinx's profile.

FYI, 2.97% of people on BikerMatch use IOS 11, 1.33% use IOS 10, and 1.64% use IOS 9. So there's no need to panic, Jinx.
Matt's Profile
Matt

This is another one that needs to be supported (but isn't) for the App icon to work:
http://caniuse.com/#feat=web-app-manifest

Again - stop using Crapple :-D
She11's Profile
She11

In: Bradford

Yes Matt on ISO 11                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

iphone playing up again LOL
Says I've viewed someone 119 times!

jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Me? Panic?Nah?Rant ,stamp feet maybe...but negatory on the panicky stuff...i reserve that for 1st dates....heehee :)...oh by the way,the emoticons link i have won't let me copy/paste onto forum posts on here....poo :(                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Not that it has anything to do with Apple....just saying for feedback purposes..x                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Right.... I've spent at least 10 hours today investigating this damn Apple issue. Going around in circles, completely not understanding what the hell is going on. I have an iPhone which works fine and an iPad which doesn't.

After finally giving up I decided to search online. And, low and behold.... it's a BUG!!

https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=173719

In Apple/Safari/IOS.

More info here:
https://forums.iis.net/t/1235574.aspx?Response+Flush+not+working+on+SSL+site+in+classic+ASP

I am trying to find a workaround. But, basically, IOS cannot handle large pages. :-( Pathetic
Matt's Profile
Matt

Good news and bad news....

Good news: I can 'fix' all our profiles by disabling compression on the ENTIRE site.

Bad news: Doing that causes Google to punish us for not having an efficient site :-( Drops our Google rating from 95% mobile-friendly to just 52% (with a big red warning saying to enable compression).

Dammit, now I have to choose between the lesser of 2 evils. And why? Because Apple is a pile of shit as always!
Openspaces's Profile
Openspaces

In: Norfolk

Is this sorted now then .....I can view Jinxโ€™ profile using my iPad (iOS 11.0.3) with no issue, straight there, full profile and photos etc                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Some peeps are logging up huge numbers of views again,i'll pm you with more specifics presently..                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Yea I'm seeing the same thing - I just don't know how. The fix I implemented really should have fixed it. The problem was clear to me that IOS 9 and IOS 10 didn't support dynamic compression on large pages... so I disabled it.
I'll investigate some more
Matt's Profile
Matt

Whoops! I think I found and fixed the issue now. I had broken my old fix by changing a filename                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
88% Karma88% Karma 88% Karma88% Karma

You broken the site Matt Now that's a 1st                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

But what I want to know is had this improved your ratings Jinx ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚I have to admire your tactics... Lmfaooo teeheehee ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7578 seconds. There are 325 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption