Apple Compatability..?

62 Posts | Latest reply on 09/12/2017 16:56:14 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

I've not had a problem viewing on my phone (not Apple or let fancy though!)

Believe me, you are still with us, I see no fading around the edges, your invisibility cloak must need pulling up n over your titfer Thumbs Up

jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
26% Karma26% Karma 26% Karma26% Karma

Lindsay,this problem is not going away,it's getting worse(for me at least,lol)...and i'm paying to not be able to share with people..crap service..                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I'm on an iPad Pro and I can't see your profile... I have no probs seeing other profiles.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Jinx, I've just taken a couple of screen dumps from my phone and put them in an album on my profile (called Pics for Jinx57)
I've used yours and Matts profile  as an example - I can see them both, but your profile is the only one out of every one I checked that comes up as a half-width page. Everyone elses is full width, just yours reduced.

This is on an iPhone SE btw.
555byker's Profile
555byker

In: Ormskirk Lancash
22% Karma22% Karma 22% Karma22% Karma

Hi Jinx,
today I've tried on the new site to view your photos from last weekend. That album or any other would not open using my iPhone 6S plus !?! 
Regards 

Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

RIIIIIIGGHHTTTT...... I think I found it (big thanks to Panuno for making screenshots!)

The problem, I think, was that in your write-up you listed a load of words separated by commas... but with no space after the commas!
For example:
"Garrulous,Emotive,Literate,Numerate,Tactile,Impulsive,"

Now, on a desktop / normal monitor it viewed fine
But on older iPhones with a small screen resolution, this stretched off the page. Because by default this looks to the browser as a long word (rather than a bunch of words separated by commas).

The solution was a small style change which tells the browser that it's ok to break up words to wrap onto the next line for write-ups.

The new site is not affected by this.

So, now both old and new sites should be ok for you. I'd like to hear from anyone if not (and please make a screenshot if you know how on your device)...

Old site:
https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/profiles/view_profile.asp?user_id=48472

new site:
https://beta.bikermatch.co.uk/profiles/view-profile.asp?user_id=48472

Both work fine for me on desktop and mobile (Android, Nexus 6P)
Imola72's Profile
Imola72

In: Rainhill near Li
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Using a Mac Pro 3.1 2008 (8 core) running Mavericks OSX 10.9.5 I can see your profile clearly, however the 2nd line of the r/h column "Happen.Unusual.Garrulous,Emotive,Literate,Numerate,Tactile,Impulsive,.Born" overruns the column width, only a minor irritation, all photos are visible also. Hope this is of some help

Imola72's Profile
Imola72

In: Rainhill near Li
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

It does appear to be struggling with the spacing of text though as my previous post shows.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I was having problems but seems ok now Jinx :)                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

WOOHOO....keeping my digits crossed for the next punter,merci beaucoup,bythesea..X                                                                                                                                                                             
dennyboo's Profile
dennyboo

In: Huddersfield

Jinx why are you using apple? them americans carnt even make a decent motorcycle                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

I don't use Apple,it's people with Apple stuff that are having trouble with my profile/photos not opening..                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

And,sorry,Matt,but another report back by Apple user as 'no go'Disapprove                                                                                                                                                                             
dennyboo's Profile
dennyboo

In: Huddersfield

Thanks Jinx that's why I aint getting any nods they carnt see me sorted                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

Jinx - new site or old site? What kind of Apple device (if iPhone etc, please ask what model number). I'll see if I can find a friend with the same model I can test with.                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

I'll chase it up...:)                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Bobmatt....iPhone and Applemac...both old site and new not viewing.. I can try trimming out a few older photo albums (again) if necessary.. But had no effect last time I culled a few off..:(                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

No please leave your photos as they are. I need to find the cause of this myself as maybe others are affected also.

Can you get me some screenshots?                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Possibly,if i ask them nicely,but they are getting p***sed off too,now..:/                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Possibly fixed!
Please try now and let me know.
More information in your PMs                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7363 seconds. There are 302 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption