BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening!

444 Posts | Latest reply on 08/01/2018 20:34:33 by Lindsay | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Ok so I've been trying my best for a long time to make each section of BM "mobile-friendly".  But using code developed over 13 years, some of which is using very old standards, it's been very difficult (sometimes impossible) to get pages full functional on mobiles.

That's why I've decided to completely rebuild the website!  Starting from the ground up. New foundation, new colouring, and designing with mobile users first in mind.

I'll try my best to keep as much of the current site ideas so as not to get everyone confused when V2 finally gets released.

For those of you interested, here's some screenshots from the past week (you can see the desktop look, mobile look and menu items).

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/cgi-bin/thumbnail.aspx?width=2000&height=2000&source=/sites/bm/profiles/uploads/9_bm_13408_bm_4945449454.jpg&watermark=false&type=JPG

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/cgi-bin/thumbnail.aspx?width=2000&height=2000&source=/sites/bm/profiles/uploads/9_bm_13408_bm_6554465544.jpg&watermark=false&type=JPG

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/cgi-bin/thumbnail.aspx?width=2000&height=2000&source=/sites/bm/profiles/uploads/9_bm_13408_bm_6783867838.jpg&watermark=false&type=JPG

Hope you like it!  I'll post regular updates here of course                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

Snazzy new look going to happen.   If its ea sierras to use its all good....and ya can never go wrong with a bit of hi viz :-) :-)

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Looking really good. Sounds like the coding being a real pain in the rear.  Sometimes starting from scratch isn't a bad idea.  Hope rest of design works out for you. Thumbs Up

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

Does it have to be green !!!!!

kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

looks good x                                                                                                                                                                             
Quietman2's Profile
Quietman2

In: FLEETWOOD

The sun is high the grass has riz OOO look there a KAYKAT is . Have you just awoken from your hibernation fair maid? good to see ya again X ClapTongue                                                                                                                                                                             
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

hugs xxx quletman just a flying visit xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Jellybean's Profile
Jellybean

In: Hexham

Looking good so far Matt, thankyou Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Green is good Thumbs Up, PINK is bad Ermm

Looking good to me.

I have no other comment at this point. Yowzers, that's a first! ClownWacko

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
46% Karma46% Karma 46% Karma46% Karma

Lindsay where's  the pink? I only see green. Confused
Matt I find the text a bit on the small side and a bit blurred, but that could be my crap phone or I need new lenses for my gigs Geek

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Sandi, there is no pink LOL, it's just that I (personally) detest it!  Unhappy

Matt's Profile
Matt

Anyone interested in taking a peak, go to http://www.bikermatch.me.uk

Only working on the design right now, so please don't report to me that buttons aren't functioning correctly.

Pages done so far... Help/FAQ, rules, homepage (except search form), profile-search (just design so far)

Curious how the layout functions on your mobiles. Feedback please
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

Ooh it looks reet posh :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Don't tell Jackie - she thinks it's Dead                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

Hmmmmmm......                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Ok anyone care to give me feedback on the new search page? Especially if you're using a mobile.

There's still some things to tweak, but the general idea is what you now see...

http://beta.bikermatch.co.uk  (Click on Profiles>Search in menu)

Ignore any errors about security/certificate (because the address is beta. instead of www.)

Party

rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

Tried the link on the tablet....and I just get the word "LOADING"    and that is it. Is this cos it says beta? I left it for about 5 mins                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Fixed.

http://beta.bikermatch.co.uk  (Click on Profiles>Search in menu)
Ignore any errors about security/certificate (because the address is beta. instead of www.)                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

Lol just dont like green Boss Man                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

It's BLUE now but you found it too Facebook-y  LOL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8125 seconds. There are 370 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption