See You Down The Road...

303 Posts | Latest reply on 12/03/2024 07:55:49 by Steve_H | Go to original / last post
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

A BIG loss today...Leonard Cohen...master wordsmith,and a truly unique talent...Rest In Poetry..?                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Was flipping devastated when this happened, a true poet and a minstrel of song.
RIP Sincerely L Cohen x

jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Another snatched away...Rick Parfitt,Status Quo,part of my musical memories,R.I.P.(rock in peace?)                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Seems like a row of dominoes this year,so many talented people now gone,:(                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

Carrie Fisher.                                                                                                                                                                                
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

It's certainly been a year of great losses on the talent front Unhappy very sad. Ready for a good 2017 that's fer sure Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Debbie Reynolds, one day after her daughter (Carrie Fisher) one word, sad.

2017, you better be a good year after this dreadful one. 

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yeah saw that yesterday Cat, very sad at hearing that. 'Beirut' is a fave song of mine (apart from the other more well-known song of his) x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I only just heard about him. Sad 

So 2017 starting off as 2016 ended :(                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

John Hurt, immensely talented, brilliant man.

Of his many films, I was most moved by his performance in The Elephant Man. Awesome. I watched this film in my mid teens and it still sits in my memory.

Also, a total surprise when he popped up as Ollivander in HP! Diagon Alley will never be the same.

RIP
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Have to concur..one of Britain's best,will be a sad loss...R.I.P. John Hurt..:(                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

and so it continues

R.I.P Geoff Nicholls

(previous Black Sabbath keyboards ) 

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

I have come to the realisation that I have reached 'THAT' age. Unhappy 

All those we idolised as teenagers are, of course, a fair few years older than us and there will (unfortunately) be many more to follow. 

What I find alarming is the rate at which they are departing this Mortal Coil. 

~ RIP ~
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yes Lindsay

" That " age but even so .....
Now today John Wetton R.I.P

( of King Crimson, Family, Uriah Heep etc )

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Also of Asia, I wasn't a huge King Crimson fan but taste changes through the passing of time. 

A great musician, in his own name too check out albums 'Raised in Captivity' & 'Arkangel' 

~RIP~

jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Always sad when another member of bands i grew up with departs...Family and King Crimson old favourites..Adios John Wetton :)>                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

Gregg Allman R.I.P.                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Just heard the news,was sad when Duane got killed on his bike before his time,just double sad now..sure they'll drink somewhere dry together,respect..Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

RIP..Peter Sallis,actor and all round nice guy...Clegg in Last Of The Summer Wine,and The Voice Of Wallace(and Grommit)...one of a kind fast vanishing..:(                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

With reference to this year's IOM TT...RIP for Alan Bonner,Davey Lambert,Jochem van den Hoek...sad losses at the world's toughest road races....                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9063 seconds. There are 655 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption