Which Sat Nav for the bike?

47 Posts | Latest reply on 26/12/2016 16:53:28 by Murdoch3352 | Go to original / last post
Murdoch3352's Profile
Murdoch3352

In: Black Country
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

Conflicting info here guys, can ya or can't ya ? lol.                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Phone in a £10 waterproof case and waterproof boat 12v socket.
  You can't beat a paper map to get the feel of the country side.
 However the all singing and dancing motorcycle sat navs definitely have their place.                                                                                                                                                                              
Murdoch3352's Profile
Murdoch3352

Dustin, agreed, they all have their merits and always good to familiarise with a map even when using a sat nav, be it a phone app or dedicated. There are issues with the way the different devices obtain their data so good to have the options available. Bike already has 12v socket fitted all be it a DIN spec. Looking like I'll pick up a Tomtom with the help of me Christmas bonus.
Babyvara's Profile
Babyvara

In: Telford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Have purchased Tom Tom Rider with Great Rides (100) to go on ..plus you can add your own rides too.  I find it very good...I can explore and when I finish its there if I want to get back on track ..so yes I would recommend this..and its waterproof lol
Thumbs Up

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

TOMTOM Rider, that's the one I,ll be looking at then, thanks for the info.Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
stevecv8's Profile
stevecv8

In: Coventry

I tried the Bonnie Tyler one but it kept telling me to turn around, then it fell apart.

Murdoch3352's Profile
Murdoch3352

Your nickname Bright Eyes then Steve ?.

Well after eventually sorting out a suitable mounting option the Tomtom is in use and I can say I'm quite impressed so far. Just need to get out into unfamiliar teritory to put it through its paces.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3223 seconds. There are 403 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption