Flooding

13 Posts | Latest reply on 12/02/2016 01:25:14 by dustin666 | Go to original / last post
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

I have had a few people asking if ive been hit by the flooding and if im ok, which has been heartwarming to say the least. I too have been worried about other BM members who reside in and around the affected areas and have been texting or PMing folk, as i am sure all of have been too. So I thought it may be a good idea to put up a thread so that information on Members well being (in the current circumstances) can be easily shared. It may also be helpful to those in difficulty to know that there is a warm, dry bed available to them if needed (no smutty comments please!) or offers of help when required.
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Btw, all is well in G-Town, the nearest river is quite a distance away. There is flooding three villages away towards Castleford, which has a river and a canal next to each other. Then of course there is Leeds and Cawood both around 9 miles away.

Please dont hesitate to ask for help or 'room at the inn' safety is more important than coping; i have spare beds. Pets welcome too (spiders n snakes maybe not!).
Jackyan's Profile
Jackyan

In: Cheshire
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Really conscious how lucky we have been so far here and thinking of everyone affected. Fingers crossed today's storms that are forecast are lighter than they think .x                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

It's no big deal.
They clean, re-decorate . Then fill your house full of nice new stuff.
At this precise moment . I'm living in a Park Lodge next to a course fishing lake.
I'd rather be a floody than Lemmy.
This is my fifth flood. Twice on the street. Once on the doorstep and twice in the house . This time 33" last time wellie height.
My cat ,Puddie, is on his second , in house, flood. He's busy chasing the squirrels all over the park (greys) and thoroughly enjoying himself.
The downside is I didn't save mi bike , but there's other bikes to choose.
Life is a journey. Sometimes the road has puddles . 

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

If they would start dredging the river of the build up of silt and obstructions rather than leave them to return ooh natural as per EU rivers directives then maybe many of them wouldn't over flow to such an extent..... Just an idea!                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
88% Karma88% Karma 88% Karma88% Karma

Johnnytb how dare you have a sensible idea like ignore the EU. Go and wash your mouth out with poor quality whiskey this instant.

Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

We're subject to an EU Directive preventing dredging so we should tell them to get stuffed and dredge anyway. There should also be better agricultural practice where water no longer runs off land directly into watercourses. Lessons could be learned from the measures put in place by Pickering as well as stopping building houses on flood plains. 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

The River Usk was dredged in the summer....flood defences held out.......                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Whilst I agree with your opinions re dredging etc, I think the reason for this thread has got a little lost;

' ... I thought it may be a good idea to put up a thread so that information on Members well being (in the current circumstances) can be easily shared. It may also be helpful to those in difficulty to know that there is a warm, dry bed available to them if needed (no smutty comments please!) or offers of help when required'.

Just check in on here (when you can) if you are in the flooded areas, and if you need help or support im sure there will be offers made. Lets not leave each other struggling.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Wow how generous of York Council !!!                                                                                                                                                                              
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

Code mi new kitchen today. A nice 8grand one with a lovely double fan oven and induction hob. So much easier than a can of mr. muscle lol.                                                                                                                                                                              
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

Nice timing, received a certificate confirming that mi house is now dry.
The summer might not be a total bust after all.

dustin666's Profile
dustin666

I chose my new bath today. A nice 6foot by 3foot double ended whirlpool. Nice. The joy of insurance.
HOWEVER, it is important that everyone contributes to the flood appeal.
All those dole people and drug addicts who are incapable of standing on their own two feet and consequently"pissed their income up the wall"
ergo, not insured. Deserve your hard earned cash and a bit of luxury.
They apply for a hardship grant and the flood fund hand over £500 each.
Even in rented accommodation they are covered by insurance and entitled to alternative accommodation.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4766 seconds. There are 303 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption