Harley Street 750

20 Posts | Latest reply on 21/10/2015 17:44:25 by VFR800AJ | Go to original / last post
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

As part of a competition I have entered, I get to test ride a Street 750. as I have never ridden anything but CBR's, Bandits, and the VFR800, how different is it ?Anything I need to know or bear in mind ? 
Any hints and tips welcome.   Thanks

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

If it's got forward controls you will think your going to fall off as you turn.
Power delivery is completely different.                                                                                                                                                                              
mikedabike's Profile
mikedabike

In: wrexham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

do you have time to grow a beard before the test ride? if not a fake beard from a fancy dress shop should do.
do you have a pirate's outfit? if not see above answer.
start your test ride early in the morning to make sure you are back before dark.
do not exceed a speed where you cannot stop yourself by using your feet.
 this last statement does not carry the humour of my previous statements!                                                                                                                                                                              
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

yeah I'm booked for 10:00 am so should be ok

So a ZZ Top outfit then.                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

Electric locomotive.
Steam locomotive.
Sewing machine.
Jack hammer.
Jap engine.
Harley engine.
video game.
Real life.
Get the picture?
Takes a bit of getting used to but very addictive.                                                                                                                                                                             
Eiron's Profile
Eiron

In: Hastings

I've got a Harley Street test on Saturday. Hope it stops raining by then.
I expect it will be similar to a Sportster, i.e. fun but you wouldn't want your friends to know about it.

Eiron's Profile
Eiron

That was fun. Better than an 883 Sportster. All it needs is a tachometer, clip-ons and rearsets and it would be great. :-)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

my bloke rides both and has all his life, its easy to stay on a road bike, cruisers take a bit of getting used to, just look forward and you will be fine.
anyway how you doing aj this is jo (esta) l.o.l.                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

Hi  Thanks I'm OK ta Jo.

Thanks for all help/advice/info.

Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

Regarding the title of this thread, is that a bike or an address for a medical consultation?                                                                                                                                                                              
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

Yes that struck me too.  then I thought I'd leave it  see if anyone noticed.                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

Done it !!!!   I can see the appeal, so comfortable and laid back.

Joey05's Profile
Joey05

In: Preston

Looking good AJ xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

Nice sliders AJ ...                                                                                                                                                                             
Eiron's Profile
Eiron

That photo is a Street Bob, not a Street 750. Maybe the dealer was named Robert, hence the confusion.                                                                                                                                                                              
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

No.  They didn't have the bike that was promised, aslo 'fuelled up' obviously meant nearly empty.  |but I enjoyed it anyway and that's the main thing.                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

I did have a look at the 'Heritage softtail' while I was there, so if anyone wants to buy me a present ????????????????                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Been looking at that style of hd for a while now, you never know!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

wow...looking good aj...                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

Thanks Jo x                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7070 seconds. There are 311 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption