KISS Advertising Banner

31 Posts | Latest reply on 23/06/2015 19:49:49 by Matt | Go to original / last post
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Is it just me? Every thread in every Forum has the KISS Advertising Banner running through the middle of the posts. The banner appears n wont move from where it has decided to plonk itself! A great idea if it runs through the posts you arent interested in but flipping irritating if you are trying to read posts. Grrrr! I am using my HTC Wildfire, and yes i know its a relic but I LIKE IT ok?! Never had probs before. Hope Im not being singled out as an old fogey just cos i like my small, simple phone... :(
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

Happening get to me too.                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

is it happening now?  It's supposed to be locked to the bottom of the screen                                                                                                                                                                             
havfun's Profile
havfun

In: harrogate
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

locked to bottom on the phone                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

locked to bottom of screen on my laptop                                                                                                                                                                              
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Having it locked to the bottom of the screen is the irritating bit! It was much better above the Bm headline.                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

Yeah locked to bottom now although agree with D6 better when at top                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

I don't know. The top of the page is a really premium part of the site. Putting the banner there shifts all the genuine content of the page down.  As many people don't scroll down when browsing the web it means i have to try to keep all the important content right at the top above what is known as the "Fold" (where the top of the page ends on most screens).

I'll think about it                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

Can it be put on the side as it were lol ......... makes me sound like I am on the CB Radio :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Its still in the middle of my mobi screen .... Aaaaaaarrrgh, when i want to read something or worse still post something im have to enlarge the view so much before the banner disappears and gives me access to the post message button.

Im so pleased that it isnt just lil ol me that is struggling with the damn thing. ;)
ExupRichR1's Profile
ExupRichR1

In: Buckley

Slight bit annoying, does take up a lot of the page                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Most annoying and I can't even put a Thumbs Down Emoticon here either lol

ExupRichR1's Profile
ExupRichR1

Yep I get emoticon error message too, kind of need those to distinguish from being obnoxious or just taking the Micky                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

GBNP - please press REFRESH in your browser and tell me if that fixes it.

Emoticons - looks like IE11 broke them (I think the ad blocker is blocking it).   I'm working on redesigning the entire forums section anyhow so I'll get the smileys replaced                                                                                                                                                                             
ExupRichR1's Profile
ExupRichR1

See I need a smiley face for that mate lol, cheers fella                                                                                                                                                                             
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

My Blackberry has a small screen of which 2/3 is taken up with the advertising banner, making the forums very difficult to use. For Gawd's sake move it somewhere less intrusive!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

BM banner locked to bottom of screen on my laptop but it is really annoying to see it there, better at the top like it was before Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

On I need to get my hands on some other devices cos it looks fine for me even on my phone (Samsung s4)                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Ok gonna move it back in the morning                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Matt will be Mr Popular in the morning :)                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6641 seconds. There are 896 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption