proverbs

61 Posts | Latest reply on 24/06/2015 21:26:32 by SlowGoose | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

No Rags is a biker, indulging in some light heartened banter.

But there are some peeps on here who ride bikes, but are not bikers.

They have no idea, but are far too quick to whinge about a lifestyle they are not part of.                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

Oh right, just wondered what had upset you to make such harsh comments.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Had to get it off my chest.

This is an adult site, not for the namby pambys.

As an example, somebody complained to Matt because I used the word 'shag'.                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

Indeed, although I do believe the public airing of personal grievances will not benefit anyone or the site in general, and yes before you say it, I have been guilty of this particular discretion myself.
I did see the post you refer to. If this were truly a site for hardcore bikers, like yourself, then censorship of any kind should not be used, but then the risk of vendeters and threats of physical violence would no doubt soon rear their ugly head. Oh, wait a moment, didn't you threaten to 'take a bastard with you' in an earlier post?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Indeed.
I believe in freedom of speech.
so I get peeved when somebody goes behind my back to complain.
If any has summat to say, tell me!
My 'threat' was not to anyone in particular, just to let all know and assess the risk.                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

Unfortunately freedom of speech has boundaries in this day and age, I have learned that lesson on quite a few occasions.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I just wish to know who these complainers are.
Hiding behind their screens.Thumbs Down                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

I couldn't agree more, I have been the victim of such behaviour myself!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I wouldn't give them the time of day, and ignore them.
But Matt takes heed of them,Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

The pen is mightier than the sword! (& no it wasnt me!)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

stop bitchin' about others shortcomings, and work on your own.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

There's non so blind as those who won't see!

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.                                                                                                                                                                             
ExupRichR1's Profile
ExupRichR1

In: Buckley

Big Ed's photo.
SlowGoose's Profile
SlowGoose

In: bolton
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

@Rich- Nice one dude!                                                                                                                                                                             
SlowGoose's Profile
SlowGoose

In: bolton
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Change the things you cannot deal with,
Deal with the things you cannot change.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

One day a rain will come, and wash all the scum off the street... 
Travis Bickle, TAXI DRIVER                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Croozer, one of THE best lines ever from a movie, and very apt too Big smile

Mine is more a quote than a proverb    'Growth in wisdom may be exactly measured by decrease in bitterness' (Friedrich Nietzsche)                                                                                                                                                                             
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

Here are a couple which may resonate with the latest issue on this site:   Leave well alone.                                                                                    Variety is the spice of life.                                                                        LOL

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7227 seconds. There are 348 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption