Drivel posts and Karma 'hacking'

62 Posts | Latest reply on 06/12/2014 16:34:27 by Bikeabill | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Hi all

it's come to my attention that a small number of people are spamming the site with junk forum posts in order to increase their Karma rating.

Not only does this look bad on the site and puts new members off joining in, but it also causes less trust in the Karma system.

The Karma rating isn't supposed to be a game, or a "who is better than who" system.  It's designed as a way for members, particularly new ladies on the site, to see who is a long-term and active (normally trustworthy) member of the site.  Or rather - who is new to the site and has no activity at all, who may be worth avoiding any one-to-one meet ups with.

If people continue to post junk and drivel all over the forums, they will be suspended (starting today already!!).  The number 1 complaint in my inbox right now is the amount of junk being posted by less than a dozen people.

Thanks for understanding.  Here's to getting the forums back on track, active, entertaining and fun for EVERYONE!

Matt                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

FYI - Short, useless forum posts like "LOL" and "HAHA" will now REDUCE your Karma value.
Long, decent articles posted in the News forum will be worth 10x more Karma than before.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

well done and thank you for clearing up some of the issues people have had new and old deserve to be able to use the site as it should be and make it a great place to be                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks for explaining the Karma, I actually didn't know what it was?
Well I'm here, any chance we can have the chat log off button moved, people, like myself keep dropping out of chat because we hit the wrong button, or our iPads, phones etc think we have! TY
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

See perfect example, wrote While and iPad changed it to well......
Has a mind of its own! Now to see if I can press post message and not hit clear form!                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

Penny it may be better to send am email to Matt to bring this to his attention :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

mine also does that on laptop ipad and especially phone but I think its because mine is on predictive text or something but have had trouble in and out of chat room for past 3 days think I need to do that upgrade thing I was reading about but don't know how
Matt's Profile
Matt

Several members have been removed from BM for deliberate mis-use of the site and its amenities and for their disrespect to staff and other members alike.  

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

Thank you Boss Man, I for one am glad that there will be less issues for us to deal with and the site can return to being its daft happy useful self :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
22% Karma22% Karma 22% Karma22% Karma

I concur with BJ, trolls and halfwits have twitter to play on.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

YahooYahooYahooYahooYahooYahooYahooYahooYahoo
YahooYahooYahooYahooYahooYahooYahooYahooYahooYahoo

That is all !!                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
88% Karma88% Karma 88% Karma88% Karma

Thanks Matt                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Oops, sorry!
*#-o d'oh!
Wrong post.

Meant for my little cheerleader chaps to go in the happy thread!

kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

mmm i think thy look very nice were thay are pb                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yeah - jolly little souls are they not!!!!

rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

Happy little faces PB:-)                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
88% Karma88% Karma 88% Karma88% Karma

Bumped for Matt

Hi all

it's come to my attention that a small number of people are spamming the site with junk forum posts in order to increase their Karma rating.

Not only does this look bad on the site and puts new members off joining in, but it also causes less trust in the Karma system.

The Karma rating isn't supposed to be a game, or a "who is better than who" system.  It's designed as a way for members, particularly new ladies on the site, to see who is a long-term and active (normally trustworthy) member of the site.  Or rather - who is new to the site and has no activity at all, who may be worth avoiding any one-to-one meet ups with.

If people continue to post junk and drivel all over the forums, they will be suspended (starting today already!!).  The number 1 complaint in my inbox right now is the amount of junk being posted by less than a dozen people.
Short, useless forum posts like "LOL" and "HAHA" will now REDUCE your Karma value.
Long, decent articles posted in the News forum will be worth 10x more Karma than before.

Thanks for understanding.  Here's to getting the forums back on track, active, entertaining and fun for EVERYONE!

Several members have been removed from BM for deliberate mis-use of the site and its amenities and for their disrespect to staff and other members alike.

Matt                                                                                                                                                                              
SlowGoose's Profile
SlowGoose

In: bolton
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
SlowGoose's Profile
SlowGoose

In: bolton
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Couldn't help it,
 Soz                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

oh pleasssse we call them spam trolls on my site (secret) and yes they pain in the jacksee                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8164 seconds. There are 271 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption