Hein-Gericke - back in Administration, again

10 Posts | Latest reply on 14/01/2014 23:54:38 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Just in time for Christmas.

If it didn't work out last time I doubt there's any chance of recovery now.

My sympathies to all staff - I gather some have not been paid for 6 weeks.                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

Always thought the "rescue" package was a bit ambitious Ermm   Can't say I'm surprised though Embarrassed   Their prices were always more at home on "Fantasy Island" Disapprove   I do feel sorry for the staff Embarrassed   But they must have known that the "bubble" would burst Confused   They (HG) rose to prominence during the "credit boom" Wink   When people were happy to put expensive stuff on their "plastic" Disapprove   I don't think they really had any idea about "competitive" pricing Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                               
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Not surprised we went into Maidstone shop last week, empty shelves and racks,little choice , a ghost of a shop....

Have to say our Gerrike stuff performed well on out 80mph get off...altho it was trashed afterwards.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
72% Karma72% Karma 72% Karma72% Karma

I can't say it surprises me. The email flyers i was getting from them smacked of desperation in their price-cutting. It's a shame for those who'll lose their jobs, and the only way I can see the name surviving in this country is as an internet-only business, or perhaps with just one UK shop. but it's still a competitive market and they've got to get their prices right.

Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

I've bought a lot of stuff from them in the past and have been pleased with it - particularly the original Tuareg jacket which was heavily discounted. At my last visit to the Braintree shop the stock was limited compared to what it used to be and there wasn't much in the way of consumable items like chain lube. As Wills said, the e-mail flyers with constant 'special offers' were starting to look desperate. I hope no one's bought any gift cards. It's sad to see HG go this way and my sympathy to the staff.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

They aren't the only ones to go down - I'm hearing that the the whole HG business was bought by an American hedge fund in August.

Last time they went into administration it was just HG UK - the German HG company were fine.

Now apparantly the Hedge fund have forced not just HG into administration, but a raft of other european businesses that it had bought into.

Good old financial jiggery pokery and investor greed seem to be the cause of HG's woes, rather than poor retail business.

Personally I've got some HG kit - jacket, trousers and gloves - and it's excellent stuff - really, really good.  I'll be sad to see them go...

In the meantime, if you do have HG vouchers, there are still 3 stores open - Glasgow, Stockwell and Farnborough. 
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

saving my vouchers for pressies for folk I dnt really like......Big smile hehehe                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

J&S Accessories have bought 12 of the HG stores in the UK

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2014/January/jan0313jS-buy-hein-gericke/?id=142667

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

hahaha not nice rosso andy 21

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

They do seem to bounce in and out of it, shame really as it did sell some pretty good kit at reasonable prices. My sheltex touring gear got up and back in relative comfort from Glasgow to Aberdeen (as well as all those rallies).

some nice lads in the shops too shame :(

Fuzzy

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4727 seconds. There are 275 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption