Warning Flashes....

30 Posts | Latest reply on 18/10/2012 16:46:46 by JimmyJ | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Now before some of you get a big smile and start clicking on profile pictures.......calm down and restrain yourselves....lol Was just wondering how many fellow bikers/ or if you are in the car use the traditional flashing of the head lights to warn oncoming drivers of a speed trap ahead...... Seems not very many people warn each other these days?.. .....so what about you?
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I certainely warn bikes..always have and always will...even with an arm wave out of the window telling them to slow down...Im nawty lol..                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

Absofekinlutely . Standard trucker , a couple of flashes and a thumbs down . Dusty x                                                                                                                                                                              
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

I should add , trucks . . Yes cars . . No bikes . . . Yes scooters . . . No . Dusty x                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
46% Karma46% Karma 46% Karma46% Karma

...the traditional flashing of the head lights to warn oncoming drivers of a speed trap ahead......   It may be 'traditional' but it aint in the highway code.  To flash the headlights means you are 'indicating your presence'.                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

it ain't in the .code . coz it's against the law to warn people of speed traps . Dusty x                                                                                                                                                                              
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

In: leeds

I always do,particularly for camera vans!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I go the whole hog and aim to 'indicate their presence' .. I flash my lights, roll down the window and utilise my hand signals as best I can by doing a 'slow down' signal to the on coming traffic and point repeatedly in the direction of the Censored hiding in the bush! 
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

I really dislike camera vans,I think one got me this week.....
Still at least one didn't as I got a flash from an oncoming car to warn me,so flashing works!

kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

always always always dont care what you ride/drive....its a feckin revenue earner nothing to do with safety and it brings out all my anti establishment badness! bastards!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

If I see a camera van and have half an hour to kill I park 100 yards away from it and let people know its there-it annoys the van operator and makes me happy for a while,easily pleased I know!                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
46% Karma46% Karma 46% Karma46% Karma

I think my meaning was misunderstood, I wasn't on about speed traps. I meant that in the highway code it states that a driver uses their headlights to indicate their presence on the road.   The headlights shouldn't be flashed for any other reason is what I was trying to convey.                                                                                                                                                                              
Onearmbandit52's Profile
Onearmbandit52

In: Brynford
25% Karma25% Karma 25% Karma25% Karma

yes i flash all the time to all road users(second nature being a trucker)Cool                                                                                                                                                                             
OMNF's Profile
OMNF

In: Worksop

I flash other people (if i like the look of them). If its some d**khead boy racer them stuff em.   But word of warning police are starting to enforce no flashing. They now sometimes have a car sat about 50-100 yards away if anyone flashes they stop them and charge them with 'obstructing an officer in the line of their duty'. Thumbs Down                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yes, I saw an item on a local news programme re  what you've just said about obstruction  OMNF........

just think, all those cops hung around waiting to catch a 'possible criminal', and all those cops that are no where in sight when real crime needs dealing with!!!!                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Lol @ not supposed to flash your lights...... Your not supposed to do a lot of things..... Park opposite a junction within 25 yards of a junction                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
89% Karma89% Karma 89% Karma89% Karma

But word of warning police are starting to enforce no flashing. They now sometimes have a car sat about 50-100 yards away if anyone flashes they stop them and charge them with 'obstructing an officer in the line of their duty'. Thumbs Down    But officer I thought you were about to pull out so I flashed my lights to warn you of an approaching vehicle Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I agree with Kwakgirl; I always flash (my lights...those days are left behind at the Floral Hall!! LOL )                                                                                                                                                                              
rockchickeelicious's Profile
rockchickeelicious

In: Newcastle

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. so THATS why they flash at me!! Duh!! ~ Here's me thinking they liked my red car...                                                                                                                                                                              
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

always been a flasher...always will be a flasher ...try and stop me...x                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6836 seconds. There are 386 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption