Hein Gericke UK go into Administration

46 Posts | Latest reply on 04/01/2013 08:30:19 by colin675 | Go to original / last post
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Emzed the reason HG are still trading in Europe is they are a seperate entitiy within the "group". The Group itself is ok its only the UK arm thats in difficulty...when this happens u chop off the arm to save the rest.   And the euro may be at an all time low against the US dollar but against sterling its not quite as badly off....which seems to suggest sterling isnt doing great either despite what seems to be a myth that we are somehow protected from all the mess in the euro - we arent! we are very very exposed - if the euro goes down so will we.                                                                                                                                                                             
Stroggyman's Profile
Stroggyman

In: Liverpool

Spoke with one of the guys in my local shop and the whole thing revolves around the fact that the current "investor" has to pull out and wants some financial return 
Whether its down to not making"enough profit" or he wants to finance another project i have no idea
The guy in the shop seemed confident that he WASN'T going to be out of a job and that if a UK buyer wasn't forthcoming then the "parent company" would step in

see wot happens over the next few weeks eh                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

would you buy a business loosing over a million a year?
I hope the staff's confidence is rewarded with more than a P45...                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Called into the Doncaster branch.. and only between £20 to £30 knocked off on clothing as yet...                                                                                                                                                                             
colin675's Profile
colin675

In: Romney marsh
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

Did treat myself to a new helmet in the Maidstone branch, found an AGV that fitted nice so 10 % of was a bonus as i find it difficult to get a helmet with a good fit.  Colin                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

about time we saw U at  more Kent meetings Collin!   shiny helmet n all                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

My lodgers been an bought £700 leathers and a new pair of boots and gloves and a waterproof suit!  
....he needs a bike licence now...Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

rossoandy Send him to see buzz sp1 and the training school                                                                                                                                                                              
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

so....more discounts this week?

or shut the doors ?                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

fresh stock at Maidstone branch!                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

I think they are just moving stock around the country Andy Ermm   To places where they think it will sell Approve   There's a lot less unemployment in in your area Wink   And folk are more affluent generally speaking Thumbs Up   So "new stock" isn't in itself, an indicator of a recovering business Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

YOu spot on there, it is stock from underperforming branches.. But shows Maidstone shop doing fast trade huh. Just got some summer gloves reduced from£60 to just £25.... Daytona boots are great value there too...couldnt get near the prices anywhere... My last Daytona boots are now ten years old and still very useable if a bit scruffy. Still watertight though..                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
71% Karma71% Karma 71% Karma71% Karma

Looks as if there was a rescue a few days ago, though details are sketchy. Nothing on the MCN werbsite as far as I can see, but there was this on the BBC not long ago:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshi...e-19415706

and the HG website has a bit more:

http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/

Compared with the list on an old catalogue, it looks as if about two thirds of the former HG shops have been closed.

Last time I was in the Liverpool shop a few days ago, staff said they'd been told that HG Germany were stepping in to take over fully. The former Hein Gericke UK operation was only part-owned by the German business, and the shops themselves were oftern franchise operations, too.

Can't really say I'll be making the trek to the only north-west survivors in Preston or Manchester, especially when the new J&S operation is so close. But it all depends on their pricing.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

I went passed the Bham shop on Sunday afternoon and it was closed. so looks like when there is a J's shop near they are moving on. Now the closest shops to Bham are leicester and oxford                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Went into the leeds branch last weekend, not much left and it appeared that they had increased prices prior to giving a 50% discount.....                                                                                                                                                                             
Batchem1's Profile
Batchem1

In: Taunton

This from the BBC News website:   A buyer has been found for the motor bike clothing and parts retailer Hein Gericke which went into administration, affecting its 49 UK stores and about 200 staff.Administrators Moorfields Corporate Recovery said an offer had been accepted.Officials at Moorfields said the sale of the business was expected to be completed by early September. Some of the stores have apparently already reopened.
In my experience, the new owners will need to improve product quality to the levels of a few years ago if they are to survive in a competitive market place. I've bought 3 complete riding suits from HG over the years, and the older one has certainly worn better than the newer ones.                                                                                                                                                                              
centurion's Profile
centurion

In: Catterick Garris

I went past the Darlington branch yesterday and the shutters were down.                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

seems that someone has stepped in and taken on the best performing branches....                                                                                                                                                                             
IanT1966's Profile
IanT1966

In: Birkenhead
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Its been taken over by Hein Gericke ( the man himself )                                                                                                                                                                              
Carolerd350's Profile
Carolerd350

In: Brentwood
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/

list of branches open as usual                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6953 seconds. There are 287 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption