Use of the Forum

62 Posts | Latest reply on 02/09/2012 21:11:04 by Barbara | Go to original / last post
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Hi   What do others think of use of this Forum, personally i like to contribute as i get as much out of this site as i put in, which is how it should be, yet there are how many members of this site, but the same handful of people who contribute to the topics on the  Forum.   Looking at some of the profiles, there are loads looking for friends, riding buddy's, etc etc but they will never get in touch with anyone without some sort of contribution, or is it all going on via PM's.   I'm up for mid week rides mainly which is in my profile, and i would happily keep someone company for a ride/cake/ice cream/ coffee/chips  but no-one has had a look, well only the select few and you know who you are.   Any thoughts ????                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

I concur Thumbs Up   With the odd exception, it's the same old contributors  Wink   Time after time Wacko   I never could work it out Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Hi A J, some folks just aren't the 'forum' type, they may like to read but perhaps are either shy or not interested in posting.   Yes, maybe they message a lot, and that we won't know about, unless they tell us.   I know it must get boring seeing the same old folk posting (my apologies) but if we didn't then maybe the forums would die completely?    I get what you're saying tho A J, it would be nice if other members 'spoke up' now and again.   BTW A J, if you're ever in my neck of the woods I'd love a ride out, thank you. Big smile                                                                                                                                                                               
Viking Tel's Profile
Viking Tel

In: Silverstone and
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I use the Forum to break the day up, I've used many over the years depending on what I ride or Drive at the time. I find that you get the measure of people, you know before you meet them wether or or not you will get on, and I can honestly say that I'm sure I would get on well with all 3 that have posted on this thread Hug.                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

Yo Mr Viking     I'm easy to get on with LOL   Be interesting to see if any of the more 'obscure' members do post on this one.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

hmmm yus same old gobby folk LOLLOLPartyLOL pmsl                                                                                                                                                                             
suzyamki's Profile
suzyamki

In: Wakefield

Well in answer VFR... from my point of view...   I don't have time to post a lot due to my work commitments, and then when I get home, my home commitments.... it would be nice to have more free time but not at the expense of my job which helps keep the bills paid and bailiffs from the door   Sometimes I like to look on from the sidelines too...   I go to as many events as I can tho ...   And actually, I don't think theres as many "active" members on the site as there claims to be...  it IS a bit quiet right now, but maybe people are on holiday or something Ermm                                                                                                                                                                                   
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Aww thanks Tel Big smile    Suzi, I resemble that remark! lol    Suzyamki, I didn't think you'd be a lurker Shocked LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
26% Karma26% Karma 26% Karma26% Karma

working shifts in three phases,i sometimes vanish for 2 weeks at a time,due to fatigue and lack of waking hours,hence my apparent ability to blitz or carpet bomb forums in bursts......sorry bout that but can't do it any other way....in a sunny place ,jinx 57Hugxxxx                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

It takes some folks a whie to pluck up courage to post something, others never do and some like me never stop lol

Always good to see newbies posting :)

VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

15762 BJ   When do you get chance to do anything else ??????????????Beer                                                                                                                                                                             
Onearmbandit52's Profile
Onearmbandit52

In: Brynford
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

I post when i can as i work away all week(Truck Driver),don't get much 
time in the week(exception tonight)Cool                                                                                                                                                                              
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

sometimes i read stuff and go "WHHHAAAAATTTTT!!!" and then i just have to have my twopenneth.....altho i kinda agree with Viking - you do get some idea of what people are like....but then occassionally, as i have found out, you can get it wrong because whats written wasnt quite what was meant...if you know what i mean Confused i'll shuddup now! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
suzyamki's Profile
suzyamki

In: Wakefield

OOh Sandi, is that what a "lurker" is? Reading posts then not commenting... naaah, tis an innocent enough pastime LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Im deffo a lurker. Big smile

earthwind's Profile
earthwind

In: Liverpool

i some times add the odd post lol :) but sometime when i been very busy i hide for a bit till my posts have been covered over by others and sometimes i lurk about seeing if there are any sexy men out there and yes there are lots  but then I go shy and stick to posting lololol

sometime i send the odd wink because when i see a profile which make me laugh out loud or summat i think is interesting about the person as well

so many people so many different interests its fascinating

off to lurk now
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

Lulu your not a lurker.i see loads of stuff from you Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

Reply to Earthwind...hey us men all look sexy in our leatThumbs Uphers                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I just chat to anyone Thumbs Up   I sometimes like to sit back and see how the topic goes   I wonder if some newbies may feel as if they are interrupting when they see some of the banter between people? Join in!! the more the merrier HugBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

VFR maybe Im not as incognito as I thought I was Big smile

I do like reading a lot of the posts and threads etc there's loads to lurk and look at when you're feeling 'quiet'.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6738 seconds. There are 333 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption