National M/C 'Ride to Work' Day, 18th June 2012

13 Posts | Latest reply on 20/06/2012 17:18:29 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

It's 21 years old and is a key event in raising motorbiking awareness.   There will be events taking place across the country at local dealerships, clothing stores and cafes – go to the website to find your nearest event.   Special offers, biker breakfasts, rides out and after work barbecues are just some of the other activities taking place both on the weekend before and on Ride to Work Day itself.     http://ridetoworkday.co.uk/                                                                                                                                                                               
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

June 18th is a Monday   http://ridetoworkday.co.uk/events/                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In conjunction with 'Ride to Work day' Metzeler are holding a competition to win tyres and BSB passes   follow the link to read more   http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...c_id=10375                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

If anyone rides to their place of work on Monday it would be nice to read about it here, if you'd like to tell us about it.   How long does it take, did anything unusual happen, what do your work mates think of you riding your bike in to work?                                                                                                                                                                              
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Looks like it is the wrong day for me. As I have a day offBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Yes, rode to work today. what fab weather, sunny all day (makes a change). Workmates, tell me to ride it every day. Didn't see more than usual number of bikes though.                                                                                                                                                                             
newbikerchick's Profile
newbikerchick

In: conwy
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Yes, I also rode to work on monday, saw less bikes than normal.Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                               
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

Well done NBC Clap Thumbs Up and Force999   Try it more often NBC, you'll be amazed how your riding will improve Approve   Strange how both yourself and 999 saw a lack of "extra" bikes Confused   But you both made the effort and no doubt feel suitably "rewarded" Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I'm surprised there weren't more BMers riding to work. Thanks to force and NBC for your comments and Em for your positive response, so nice to see.   Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

My place of work is 15 minutes walk from home but I went in by bike because it was Ride to Work Day. I think it took me 3 minutes and twice as long to get my gear on and off again. I didn't see any other bikes although I usually see several when I walk. At least it gave me an opportunity to fill up with fuel and buy a couple of essential items. So it was a bit of a non-event in my case.
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I think you would have been forgiven if you didn't ride your bike to work, Cator, as it's so close to where you live.                                                                                                                                                                              
centurion's Profile
centurion

In: Catterick Garris

I ride my bike to work 5 or 6 days a week so Monday went much like every other day Sleepy                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I'm so glad it did Centurion, at  least there were no 'SMIDSY incidents' Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3970 seconds. There are 637 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption