Iom tt 2013

24 Posts | Latest reply on 17/07/2012 16:32:16 by lionfish | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hopefully I'm the first with this post :-) Just booked the ferry and ticket for next years TT 31st May-9thJune, just looking for the camping now.                                                                                                                                                                             
shelleygirl's Profile
shelleygirl

In: Stoke-on-Trent
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

I ve booked again                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I am going next year with bike  but could do with meeting some who is taking Car I could share cost of ferry fare. I need someone to get
my tent and gear over too much for bike.                                                                                                                                                                             
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

It's over 15 years since I went to the TT, we all stayed in a hotel that time.  Where is the camp site that most of BMer's who went used?  I'd really like to try and go next year Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Gibson's Profile
Gibson

In: Sutton

I'll be making my first visit in 2013 too, i'll be going on a bike but hopefully going down the b&b route, camping is tolerable in ok weather but two weeks camping sounds like hard work, though if the prices for b&b's are as bad as made out then i'll camp regardless of weather!

Maybe this could be the official meet up thread for those planning going over, i'd certainly like to make the journey over with other BMer's.
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

I camped in the IOM for many years I made it our family holiday Used to go *mid-week practice week Come back *mid-week after race week *Much cheaper for ferry fares back then but not sure if that's the case now ? Usually Thurs out Tues back, so 10 days in tents Approve Used to use a campsite off Bray Hill down the road from the crossroads where the "dip" is Great for many reasons :- Main one, it was on the INSIDE of the course Thumbs Up (meant you could still get to various locations after the roads were closed) But I've not been for many years, and I've been told that the site is now a LAKE Shocked I'll dig some pics out and put em up Smile (from before the lake) But camping is not at all difficult if you get yourseves organised before you go If several of you are going together you can share the load of the essentials between you Back in the 70's & 80's the Germans used to arrive with nothing, buy what they needed whilst there, then leave it all behind Wacko They were considered to be THE RICH MAN OF EUROPE back then, with endless supplies of cash, they would abandon everything from tents & sleeping bags to pots pans and food I often brought home enough food to last a week Big smile I managed all this, for a family of 4 on an MZ outfit Wink Just a reminder that if youre determined enough, it can be done After all it's THE RACING you're going for, even if the Island is packed with OTHER things to do Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Shadz, my son, is going again (in 2013) his receipt, for his deposit, came yesterday. I think he's goin in May again.   TT May 25th - June 7th 2013   http://www.iomtt.com/TT-2013/The-2013-TT.aspx                                                                                                                                                                             
Onearmbandit52's Profile
Onearmbandit52

In: Brynford
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

I'm going again next year,booked the ferry,haven't sorted the B&B yetCool                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Went in 2005,ferried as Emzed suggested midweek to mid week,they were quite a bit cheaper then.We camped at top  of rise from Union Mills,site was great,prices and friendly folks BUT you had to get out before roads closed.I was going to look for a site in middle,there's a B road runs from Sulby up to the Bungalow,me and youngest daughter watched 2 races form these spots.Definitely up for next year.
shelleygirl's Profile
shelleygirl

In: Stoke-on-Trent
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

i ve booked again if your stuck for accommodation i went through this website www.eventsaccommodation.co.uk   he s name is Martin Baxter and found me my homestay in Douglas for race week                                                                                                                                                                              
W.M.F.'s Profile
W.M.F.

In: Ashford
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Am considering booking for this.                                                                                                                                                                              
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

have u done it yet!!  ???? I luv surprises...Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

the surprise is    your not going lol                                                                                                                                                                             
W.M.F.'s Profile
W.M.F.

In: Ashford
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Got it in one jp, lol!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Jaffa's Profile
Jaffa

In: st helens

booked ferry for 2013 now need campsite anyone got any suggestions for a good campsite and best locations for camping                                                                                                                                                                              
Viking Tel's Profile
Viking Tel

In: Silverstone and

I may go for a few days, had a good time this year and made new Friends.                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

Ferries are all booked from before practice week to the wed after TT finishes on the Friday! So if you go you will need three weeks hol to use..                                                                                                                                                                             
ManxyT's Profile
ManxyT

In: Northampton

Hi all,
New to this site but can offer some sound advice about all things Manx so happy to help anyone out with advice about where stuff is and good/bad sites to camp on the Island. I'm over there for the Manx Grand Prix in August so if anyones going would be cool to hook up before or whilst over there.  I could also check out anything specific in Aug for people already booked for 2013 TT.

I'm a Manxman by birth although live in Northampton now but go back to the island for TT & MGP every year as have property over there and lots of local friends.  Don't be put off by all the sailings being already booked as at the moment all you can do is reserve a sailing with a £30 depoisit.  Its not until the end of Feb 2012 that the full payment has to be made or the slot you booked and deposit are lost.  Needless to say there are many that book now with best intentions but come Feb cannot commit due to whatever and if you really want to go keep an eye on the availability of sailings towards the end of Feb and you will get a good selection to choose from as and when the pop up. 

As for accomodation if you look at the Forum on the official IOM TT Website you will find a section about accomodation available on the IOM for the TT that is worth a look :-)

Cheers!
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

That's welcome and sound advice ManxyT Thumbs Up   I'm hoping to make the Manx this year as I've always wanted to go Cry   I will be in touch nearer the time regarding advice about where to go etc. Wink                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Now that is fantastic info, many thanks, and welcome to Bm... have fun........                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6738 seconds. There are 558 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption