A bigger Dent, 2014

124 Posts | Latest reply on 16/04/2014 20:05:35 by Steve_H | Go to original / last post
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
56% Karma56% Karma 56% Karma56% Karma

Dent is a small, and very pretty, village in Dent Dale, Cumbria. It has two pubs, a restaurant, cafe, shop and museum. In addition to camping there are B&B's available and rooms in the pubs.

The village is about 12 miles from the village of Hawes. Whichever way you ride out of Hawes you will encounter stunning scenery and some of the best riding in England.

I've had a chat with the manager of High Laning camp site in Dent to sound her out on the option of having a larger do there.

They are very keen on the idea and actually enjoy having big groups to visit. They have done the MZ owners club national rall, BSA rally and assorted car club do's.

It wouldn't be a band and burger stall do, just a riding, drinking, BBQ and natter session.

If people are interested I would be happy to arrange it, possible over a long weekend in 2014. Adding a Friday and Monday into the mix would give those from the deep south a chance to come up.

What do you think?
Milliemax's Profile
Milliemax

In: Petersfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Steve....sounds like a great plan to me :D I'll travel up t north for a visit :)                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Sounds like a cracking idea to me Steve Thumbs Up   Plus it's in striking distance from some of our more northern members Approve                                                                                                                                                                                 
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

I'm a definite , gorgeous place for a long or very long wknd . Well that's four of us . Off to a very good start.
Look forward to seeing you all . Add your name to the list .

steve h
milliemax
emzed
dustin666

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I'm inThumbs Up   Add your name to the list .steve h milliemaxemzeddustin666 XK                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Depending on date's I'll come up there just to eat all ya cake   steve h milliemaxemzeddustin666 XK JP                                                                                                                                                                             
cuzzie's Profile
cuzzie

In: Pontefract

I'll have a dabble at that one, I did a similar one at Hulme End campsite last month with some lads, plus a steady tootle around Matlock/Matlock Bath, the campsite was a whopping £4 per night...                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

oh god no, not (shudder of terror) ... XK ...                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

it has to depend on dates for me
(im in Italy form November till at least may)
I know its a tough job but someone has to do it,

but if its possible, I`m in

steve h
milliemax
emzed
dustin666
XK
JP
old yeti                                                                                                                                                                             
dizzydot's Profile
dizzydot

In: Middle earth
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

An Meeeeeeeeeeee Tongue, there are a cupla things on the go early on so make sure yu dont clash x                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
84% Karma84% Karma 84% Karma84% Karma

Add your name if you're going   steve h milliemaxemzeddustin666 XK JP old yeti dizzydot                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

steve h 
milliemax
emzed
dustin666 
XK
JP
old yeti
dizzydot
cuzzie

Triple955's Profile
Triple955

In: Chorley

I'd be up for this too...depending on dates of course.It's possibly one of my favourite places and the ride up from Lancashire via Gisburn and Ribblehead is fantastic..                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

Please try to make it after all the snow gates are sure to be open Wink
if dates suit then I'll definitely be back there again..

steve h 
milliemax
emzed
dustin666 
XK
JP
old yeti
dizzydot
cuzzie
Triple955
izzyhill                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

owww you can count me in for defo..like a nice run out and long wkends mmmmmmm..plus did someone mention CAKEEEEEEE'S                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Only JP, Andy, and that was to say he'll eat it all so you'll miss out unless you get there early. LOL
Lovely country up and around there, want to explore more, well worth a visit.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Plenty of interest then.
How about April sometime? Weather should be picking up by then and I doubt there would be much else building in the event diary.

dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

splendid. There is a roaring log fire in the pub and bbqs are allowed on site . Should be toasty enough.
Monday thru Sunday would be good . Dusty x                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Just don't clash with the camping barn do int Lakes.   steve h milliemaxemzeddustin666 XK JP old yeti dizzydot cuzzie Triple955 izzyhill Andy53                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

There's no date for that that I can see yet XK, sods law dictates that as soon one date is fixed ....                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8594 seconds. There are 571 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption